Options

Just passed the ICND1 exam today...how hard is part 2?

NorbieNorbie Member Posts: 105
In comparison to the first part how hard is the second part of the ccna exam?
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

Comments

• Options
    xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    From my studying, I'd say it's not necessarily harder...just different. It seems to me that there are less nit picky details to remember and more configuration/show commands. Lots of hands on/lab time will definitely help. I'm taking mine in a little over a week so I'll let you know....
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • Options
    tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    I thought icnd2 was harder. Of course I passed ccent first try and I missed icnd2 with a 784......

In my case i have a fair amount of networking background and ICND1 has a lot of general networking knowledge. This was less new material for me whereas icnd2 is all CISCO and thus 90% new material.
  • Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    And in a completely different opinion, I found ICND2 much easier than ICND1, even though I felt MUCH less prepared going in.

I forget where I read/heard this (CBT nuggets, forums, somewhere?) that the focus of ICND2 is on being able to troubleshoot problems, in the same vein that ICND1's was on being able to subnet, so I agree with Xeno that lab time will help a lot more with ICND2.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno