Passed 70-640 Today

krusty83ukkrusty83uk Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have just passed the 70-640 today! I scored 725 cutting it a bit close ha

I would like to thank everyone from this fourm for their support and help.

I wish I done the 70-642 first as I dropped some DNS questions! ah well a pass is a pass

Russell

Comments

• Jander1023Jander1023 Member Posts: 160
    Congrats. I passed on 9/17. I got a 750. I thought I would do better, but I didn't realize there would be R2 questions. I know I missed at least 6 of them.

Did you notice any R2 questions?
  • krusty83ukkrusty83uk Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think i got one R2 question but to tell you the truth its all a bit of a blur ha

After reading some posts on this site i was expecting a load of R2 questions!
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    Were they all labeled R2 though? That's how mine was set up, they all were labeled R2 so it was hard to tell exactly what was R2 and what was just regular 2008.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    earweed wrote: »
    Congrats!
    Were they all labeled R2 though? That's how mine was set up, they all were labeled R2 so it was hard to tell exactly what was R2 and what was just regular 2008.

Nope I can only recall one question where it referred to server 2008 R2 all other questions referred to server 2008! I was very surprised!

They could have maybe been another one but to tell you the truth it’s a bit of blur!

Many of the questions were generic AD questions!
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass, I think doing 642 first is better as well but it won't hurt to do the opposite.
    krusty83uk wrote: »
    Nope I can only recall one question where it referred to server 2008 R2 all other questions referred to server 2008! I was very surprised!

They could have maybe been another one but to tell you the truth it’s a bit of blur!

Many of the questions were generic AD questions!
    Maybe they listened to my suggestions in the survey at the end of the 643 as all my questions referenced R2. I seriously think I deserve a freebie retake for that experience.
    Was your test 40 or 65 questions? My 643 was 65 questions.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    Thanks

I really wished I did the 70-642 first! ah well what can you do. Am just glad I passed
    Thanks

I really wished I did the 70-642 first! ah well what can you do. Am just glad I passed

I did the 640 first. I think it makes the 642 a lot easier! I spent 6-7 weeks on the 640. I may sit the 642 in 3 weeks! I am really flying thru the material.
    Maybe they listened to my suggestions in the survey at the end of the 643 as all my questions referenced R2. I seriously think I deserve a freebie retake for that experience.
    Was your test 40 or 65 questions? My 643 was 65 questions.

Yeah maybe they did well I hope they did! My test was only 40 questions. I was really crapping myself when I hit the submit button as I didn’t have a free resit and paid full price for the exam!

I am just glad I passed! I didn’t do as much studying as I would have liked to but I did do a lot of lab work at home. I also have a year plus experience working with AD on server 2008 + R2 at my job so this helped me as well!

Thanks for your help
    Yeah maybe they did well I hope they did! My test was only 40 questions. I was really crapping myself when I hit the submit button as I didn’t have a free resit and paid full price for the exam!

I am just glad I passed! I didn’t do as much studying as I would have liked to but I did do a lot of lab work at home. I also have a year plus experience working with AD on server 2008 + R2 at my job so this helped me as well!

Thanks for your help

why didn't you get this offer ? I bought two exams which has 15% off and two second shots included.

Special Offers for IT Professional and Developer Careers l E-Learning Programs | Exam Offers
  • LCALCA Member Posts: 215
    Well done!!

icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://sqlsnapshots.blogspot.com/ - My SQL Server exam resources blog
  • marcelsmarcels Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I sat and passed the 70-640 exam earlier this month, I had 75 questions! I passed with a score of 740, there were half a dozen R2 questions and one Windows 7 client question. I'm currently studying to site the 70-642 exam and am wondering how many R2 questions there will be.

I'm also finding the study for 70-642 to be easier.
  • LCALCA Member Posts: 215
    marcels wrote: »
    I sat and passed the 70-640 exam earlier this month, I had 75 questions! I passed with a score of 740, there were half a dozen R2 questions and one Windows 7 client question. I'm currently studying to site the 70-642 exam and am wondering how many R2 questions there will be.

I'm also finding the study for 70-642 to be easier.

I did 642 yesterday and their were no R2 questions though MS must be due to add them sometime soon......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://sqlsnapshots.blogspot.com/ - My SQL Server exam resources blog
  • stevetsstevets Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

I passed the 640 last Friday with an 825. There weren't any questions specifically mentioning R2, but there were several questions relating to FS and RMS (my weak spots) that may have been part of the refresh. Hard to say though.
    It seems there is no rule for R2 questions or maybe they are still beta questions ?
  • marcelsmarcels Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I did have a statement at the start of the exam highlighting that Beta questions may be used. At the time I wondered if that was why I had so many more questions than I expected.
    The guy on the MS forum answered my post about this and said that they MAY be beta questions. The bad thing is that MS wont tell whether they are or not. All my test questions were worded as 2008 R2 and had even changed the names (Terminal services 2008 changed to Remote Desktop Services and Sharepoint is now sharepoint foundations for Server 2008 R2) in all the questions. There was no way to tell what was R2 specific..
    Personally, I hate beta questions. It is difficult enough to focus on the exam without being hammered by questions that are unfamiliar. It definitely can be frustrating and ruin your confidence.

When I hit an unfamiliar question, I usually mark it for review and move on quickly. I don't want to waste time or get frustrated.

Fortunately, I plan on buying a 4-pack of exam vouchers with second shot vouchers included for each. The only exam I failed included beta questions - the 680. When I did the re-take a few weeks later, I got a regular exam and passed easily. The difficulty level between the two exams was night and day.
    za3bour wrote: »
    why didn't you get this offer ? I bought two exams which has 15% off and two second shots included.

Special Offers for IT Professional and Developer Careers l E-Learning Programs | Exam Offers

That is a very good question! I got a email from prometric at the start of the month regarding this offer aswell I will be using this offer for my next two exams!
    The guy on the MS forum answered my post about this and said that they MAY be beta questions. The bad thing is that MS wont tell whether they are or not. All my test questions were worded as 2008 R2 and had even changed the names (Terminal services 2008 changed to Remote Desktop Services and Sharepoint is now sharepoint foundations for Server 2008 R2) in all the questions. There was no way to tell what was R2 specific..

Without going into to much detail I had a question that referred to Terminal services 2008 on my exam yesterday!
    Without going into to much detail I had a question that referred to Terminal services 2008 on my exam yesterday!

Earweed was talking about the 643 exam.
    Jander1023 wrote: »
    Earweed was talking about the 643 exam.

Ah so he is. Sorry this is too early in the morning for me ha