Options

CIPT1 test thursday

chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
Well I am just slightly under prepared for the exam, but I plan on working on my degree starting next month so I wanted to push this up a bit. I think I will do fine, I have gotten a fair deal of experience in the last month or so just delving into my workplaces environment and reading the book. I have installed CUCM 7 and implemented phones a few times in my little lab. I will need to get a better one for my CIPT2 and TUC studies, so I will be building up my lab in the next few months.

Anyway... wish me luck!

Or as I like to say, wish me skill and competence!
Currently Pursuing
WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
mikej412 wrote:
Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I am sure you will be fine. Go get em!

Also did you get some things waived at WGU because of your cisco certs?
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    chmorin wrote: »
    Anyway... wish me luck!

Or as I like to say, wish me skill and competence!

Chmorin,

You'll be fine... you've been busting your tail with the CUCM stuff... I'm sure all that hard work will payoff on Thursday!!! Go get em!!

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    I am sure you will be fine. Go get em!

Also did you get some things waived at WGU because of your cisco certs?

Not as much as I had hoped. Basically only what Network + waived. Considering I have my Network+ as well... really nothing.

Thanks peanut =) I'm pretty sure I will do fine, but that wont keep me from drilling the next few days.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Best of Luck - Knock'em Dead! :)
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck (not getting a raggedy PC at your test center) icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck man!!!
  • Options
    I passed with 860. Not great, not bad. About what I was expecting.

Finally I have my foot in the CCVP path, and have passed my first professional level exam. Also I was able to get a gateway working at my new job that they were about to contract out! So I'm feeling pretty good today =D

Thanks for the support!
    Currently Pursuing
    mikej412 wrote:
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    passed
    Congratulation!! icon_cheers.gif
    I was able to get a gateway working at my new job that they were about to contract out!
    So has anyone started referring to you as the voice guy yet? :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Congratulation!! icon_cheers.gif

So has anyone started referring to you as the voice guy yet? :D

I have gotten alot of: "You fix phones, right?"

But essentially the only other person who knows alot about voice infrastructure is my manager, and I'm slowly sneaking up on him since he has no formal cisco training, which is why I was able to reconfigure the gateway and related things correctly and he didn't seem to want to try.

Up next will be QOS, I will be studying with my old boss who has his CCNP and is going for his CCIP. This is good since we have some fax and other phone issues that could be QOS related.

All in all, I'm very happy with where I am and where I am going =) Thanks everyone for the support. It is funny going into my testing center, since I'm the youngest and most frequent visitor they have. They are always surprised at how far I have gotten and how young I am XD.
    Currently Pursuing
    mikej412 wrote:
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed with 860. Not great, not bad. About what I was expecting.

Finally I have my foot in the CCVP path, and have passed my first professional level exam. Also I was able to get a gateway working at my new job that they were about to contract out! So I'm feeling pretty good today =D

Thanks for the support!

CONGRATS man!! Good feeling leading into the weekend right?!?!?! Best of luck to you...

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the PASS! icon_cheers.gif
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the Pass!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Congrats! So if I recall correctly you said you wanted to have you CCVP done by the end of next year correct?
  • Options
    Congrats! So if I recall correctly you said you wanted to have you CCVP done by the end of next year correct?

That would be ideal. I'll be doing college at the same time, but hopefully I can manage my time well enough to get my CCVP by this time next year. I'm not sure how you guys juggling a full time job, school, and certs do it. But I'm going to find out since I'll be doing the same things.

It's all about dedication is seems.
    Currently Pursuing
    mikej412 wrote:
  • Options
    That would be ideal. I'll be doing college at the same time, but hopefully I can manage my time well enough to get my CCVP by this time next year. I'm not sure how you guys juggling a full time job, school, and certs do it. But I'm going to find out since I'll be doing the same things.

Awesome. I have been reading your blog. Looks like you are getting some good experience. I am jealous of your with the pfsense thing lol. Good luck Future CCVP!
  • Options
    Awesome. I have been reading your blog. Looks like you are getting some good experience. I am jealous of your with the pfsense thing lol. Good luck Future CCVP!

Haha pfSense is amazing... what a great little box for small scale firewall/VPN implementation. I have made a half dozen of our little boxes and configured them. I smile every time XD.

But that is firewall stuff... security + is somewhere on my "Certs to get" list somewhere too...
    Currently Pursuing
    mikej412 wrote:
  • Options
    tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262

Don't forget the kids! I'm not sure how I manage either but somehow it works. Now what I really don't understand is how people have kids in their forties or beyond and still try to pull it off....
  • Options
    tha_dub wrote: »
    Don't forget the kids! I'm not sure how I manage either but somehow it works. Now what I really don't understand is how people have kids in their forties or beyond and still try to pull it off....

That is a good point. What downtime can really be found when you have young kids involved? Hehe.
    Currently Pursuing
    mikej412 wrote:
  • Options
    tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    Congrats !!

work, school, certs.. really no life but well worth it when your done.. and even when your done, R/D it !

keep going strong.