Options

70-680 book

demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
i was wondering on the options on books for this test

i will have labsim but i do also want a book to read

what are the best books out there for this?

thanks

edit: this was the book i was originally looking at

http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Desktop-Support-Administration-Certification/dp/0470597097/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1285686726&sr=1-5

i liked his sec+ book
wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:

Comments

• Options
    thanks

i didnt know if they over lapped or were wildly different

how possible is it to complete the entire exam in say 4 to 6 weeks of study
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm going to be studying for 3 weeks and I have a decent amount of exposure with Windows 7. Most of it will depend on how much experience you have with the OS and how much time you are dedicating to studying. Maybe someone who has taken the exam can weigh in.
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Get the MS press book it's good but make sure to get the list of corrections from here

MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-680): Configuring Windows® 7 comments and corrections

it took me around 6 weeks to finish it around 3 hours a day so if you can study more you can finish it in a less time.

Good Luck
  • Options
    egb893egb893 Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I studied about 3 hours a day over six weeks and passed. I used the mcts self paced training kit 70-680 book and labsim. I also used the learnkey videos from onlineexpert which seemed to stick in my head better than the videos from labsim. The questions from labsim were a good help because they seemed to have the same style as the questions on the exam.
  • Options
    ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    @demonfurbie Are you taking the class for WGU? If so what book did they send you for the class? I just finished my 12CU for the semester and still have 4 months left so I am adding this one to my term.
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • Options
    ajmatson wrote: »
    @demonfurbie Are you taking the class for WGU? If so what book did they send you for the class? I just finished my 12CU for the semester and still have 4 months left so I am adding this one to my term.

i am going to wgu and asked my mentor they dont send a book out anymore ( ya can buy one) they send out labsim now but i like to have a book to read after i run labsim

have you gotten your comptia exams done yet cause you can most likely knock out at least 2 if not all 3 by the end of the year making them lifetime
  • Options
    Yea I have finished all but the Project+ which I am doing next semester. I am going to kick out the 70-680 then get an early start on the CCNA class for next term :)
    Working on currently:
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You can either buy the book for Windows 7 or just use the eversion one on books 24x7.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I passed this exam when it was in beta using only the resources in the resources thread. Passed with 780 and put in about 5 hours of real study.

Edit: I don't say this to brag, just to point out that you may not even need a book.
  • Options
    yea ive thought about a books 24/7 book but some times i like to have a real book so my eyes can get a rest from the screen

wow congrats on the pass that quickly hopefully i can pass in a few weeks
  • Options
    ThxlbxThxlbx Member Posts: 105
    Can you only read the 24/7 books on a computer, or can you download them to an e-reader like a kindle?
    WGU B.S.IT - Security
    Currently Enrolled:
    LET1, INC1, INT1
    Courses Completed:
    EWB2, TEV1, TTV1, CLC1, TSV1,WFV1,ORC1
    Courses Transferred:
    BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LVT1, QLC1, SSC1, SST1, QMC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1
    Courses needed:

BGV1, AKV1, GTT1, MGC1, WDV1, TPV1, GUT1, ABV1, TWA1, CPW4, BLV1
  • Options
    as far as i know only on the computer but they do have a mobile link so if yoru ereader/phone/ipad has wifi ya can prob get it to work on it
  • Options
    i tired the mobile version of books 24/7 on my netbook its not too bad i may just do that
  • Options
    I am trying that way as well, not wanting to pay out $70 for the hard copy unless I have too :)
    I also have the TrainSignal videos for the course I bought when I was originally going to go for my MCITP before my CCNA.
    Working on currently: