Another Resume

jschreckjschreck Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,
Another resume, thank you for your time BTW. Never have seen someone really thank people. With so many that go up here. Starred out personal info, but ya!

Schreck

Comments

• apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
    I had a lot written for this thread, but TE crapped out and I lost my post icon_sad.gif. Anyway, here's the bullet-point list of what I had:

Double-check your spelling - there are several huge mistakes that would send your resume straight to the trash bin. A potential employer would probably cut you slack on all other areas on your resume except for this one - do not overlook spelling!

Get rid of the Technical Skills section. Whether it was intended or not, I couldn't tell if those skills were lab-based or from actual work experience. If it is work experience, be sure to specify exactly which technologies you used to accomplish which tasks at Company X, Y, and Z.

Education - Are you currently enrolled? In which program (Associates, Bachelor of Science, Masters, etc)? When did you graduate or what is your expected graduation date?

Use a consistent font size.

Double-check your spelling icon_thumright.gif
    Usus magister est optimus
  • jschreckjschreck Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks,
    I had noticed the weird section of font sizing.

The spelling though, I just went through it again and could not find that many misspelling other then weird capitalization of VMware.
  • apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
    Don't rely on spell-check icon_thumright.gif

Major corrections:
    "Hewlett Packard" instead of "Hewlett Packer"
    "United States National Guard" instead of "United Stated National Guard"

Minor corrections:
    "CompTIA" instead of "Comptia"
    "CCNA Security" or "CCNA: Security" instead of "CCNA Securities"
    Usus magister est optimus
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    +1 What Apena 7 said.
    Plus I would like to ask, have you used that secret clearance since the Army ie is it required with your guard duties? An unused clearance will stay inactive (and be easy to reactivate) for 2 years but after that you would require a completely new background check to get another clearance.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    apena7 wrote: »
    Don't rely on spell-check icon_thumright.gif

Major corrections:
    "Hewlett Packard" instead of "Hewlett Packer"
    "United States National Guard" instead of "United Stated National Guard"

Minor corrections:
    "CompTIA" instead of "Comptia"
    "CCNA Security" or "CCNA: Security" instead of "CCNA Securities"

Same this way....seems to need a little more substance for duties/accomplishments. Also, did you have a position? If so you should list that before or after the employer, its your preference.
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• jschreckjschreck Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ah thank you very much guys. And ya the experince is for the IT in the miltary, Signal series jobs. Thank you for those small corrections guys.