Options

70-218 test and subnetting

tschnabel99tschnabel99 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
Can anybody tell me how important subnetting is to the 70-218? I am using the QUE training guide (ISBN 0-7897-2766-icon_cool.gif of which is over 1000 pages and I seem to be running into a lot of subnetting problems. And the fact is I suck at this right now. Can I just memorize tables and take a hit on what I don't know about it. I mean, I'm good at all the other topics. How difficult are the DNS problems. This book takes the details to a new level above the 70-215 test and I hear some people say on here that the 218 is "just a review". Hope to get some feedback. I always over prepare for these things and get near 900 on all my tests. Thanks in advance.
Hain't no thang like a chicken wang!!

Comments

• Options
    wraith_rpwraith_rp Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed my -218 in december expecting to get at some subnetting questions & i was relieved that there was not one on the exam.

But i would recommend trying to get your head around subnetting, because if you are going onto CCNA like i am, i really helps if you can understand how to do it.

Anyway, goodluck on the exam.

Cheers
  • Options
    xetrevxetrev Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    check the ccna forum for subnetting help, it is covered and very helpful!
  • Options
    tschnabel99tschnabel99 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys. I don't like wasting my time on what I don't need to know. I know nothing about subnetting but can guess the right answer sometimes. I could just cry icon_cry.gif LOL. I don't have anybody that can teach me that stuff in person so thanks for the tip on the other forums. How did you all learn it? Any tips? Thanks so much as some people say.
    Hain't no thang like a chicken wang!!
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    www.learntosubnet.com is an excellent place to start learning about subnetting. There's wasn't any need to calculate subnets on 'my' 70-218 exam, subnets yes, but no subnetting. Probably won't hurt to learn at least the basics though.

I used the 70-218 Transcenders practice exams as well as the TransTrainer video. The latter made up a lot ;)