First week of A+ course

Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
So I am still in school, and this week we started A+. It's a 5 week course and then the final and certification. I had HDI and then ITIL, and one week in I have to say I'm much more excited about A+.

We have a 3 book Sybex kit, Skillport, Transcender, and I bought an app on my Blackberry to help.

After that 5 weeks of Net+, and I am using Darril's book to self teach myself Security+ on top of these two.
Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark

Comments

• Ivanr4g63Ivanr4g63 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Best of lucks icon_cheers.gif, you'll be learning several subjects, so be sure to rest well in between your studies you don't want to get burned'out!

You'll be fine, but remember to study icon_study.gif
  • sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370
    Hello, glad you are enjoying it. I am currently teaching an A+ course. Would you mind telling me what the course is like. For instance, the subject matter in detial. Just curious how the teacher is relaying the info to you guys, for I am looking for ideas to use =)

Thanks man!

PS - I am not actually a teacher.. lol just a student who has been asked to Help teach an A+ course that I am exempt from since I got my A+ this summer.
    Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    I'm only 3 days in, so mostly he has just been using the Sybex power point and talking about the slides. Just an overview of parts at this point.
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370
    Gotcha - Thanks man
    Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    I had Skillports for HDI & ITIL, and maybe it's the material, but I find the Skillport much more helpful with A+
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark