(JR) Network Security Admin

2»

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Perhaps you can take him aside and explain to him that you don't want his job. You just want to learn enough over a few years time to move on to a better higher paying job. This may assuage his feelings about how he is working with you.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    earweed wrote: »
    Perhaps you can take him aside and explain to him that you don't want his job. You just want to learn enough over a few years time to move on to a better higher paying job. This may assuage his feelings about how he is working with you.

He should not tell him (especially) that he wants to one day move on to a better job. This guy will be a weasal and tell that to his boss who he is very cozy with.

He should have a heart to heart with him though. But I would not trust him with plans and aspirations.
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I am not telling him anything. I was born at night but not last night lol.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I am not telling him anything. I was born at night but not last night lol.

Earweed is right about you trying to assuage your weaselly buddy's fears though. That you have to do, but you don't have to be weak about it. I'm just saying not to tell him about your goals.

Remember....tact! (Humor me and go do some homework on that....google is your friend. :) )
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    earweed wrote: »
    Eventhough this might be the case, people who are insecure and act this way are not going to respond well to conversations like this.

Actions are all they understand and those will take time. K will have to take his time and try to build a relationship with the guy. He should just do his best to try and win trust with the guy.
    Eventhough this might be the case, people who are insecure and act this way are not going to respond well to conversations like this.

Actions are all they understand and those will take time. K will have to take his time and try to build a relationship with the guy. He should just do his best to try and win trust with the guy.

Honestly I think it is just his nature. He really isn't a bad guy when you talk to him. We are at work right now trying to figure out why the phone system servers are BSODing
  • puppy001puppy001 Banned Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Be happy that u have a job.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Honestly I think it is just his nature. He really isn't a bad guy when you talk to him. We are at work right now trying to figure out why the phone system servers are BSODing

Then he may think he's helping you out... Dunno icon_confused.gif:
    puppy001 wrote: »
    Be happy that u have a job.

I am truly.
    Then he may think he's helping you out... Dunno icon_confused.gif:

I don't know. I was at work from 11am sunday to 2pm Today due to a BSOD on our phone system. I think I saw the other side of him when we were getting this done. I think it is just his personality or something.

When are we having the TEers night out man? Southern Ohio FTW!