Options

Need help with my resume

SAMIRANDSAMIRAND Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, I HAVE started writING my resume, I have got 2+ years experience in Broadband/Telecommunications sector. i think My resume which i was written doesn’t look very professional. Maybe somebody can look and tell what is not good? Thanks
and I don’t know how I can write my experiences in Telecommunications
etc: wi max testing, base station testing ....
icon_sad.gif

http://www.scribd.com/doc/38644743/Sam7777-Cv

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm not familiar with how a CV is as compared to a resume but I do know there are differences. If the profile section is necessary ( if it's not then can it) you have your tenses and voices inconsistent. You should write it in third person passive voice, I shouldn't be a part of almost every sentence.
    Your experience should be in bullet points and each should be one or two explanatory sentences. That little mini experience profile is again written in sort of first person. Once again I'm not familiar with CV structures but that info should just be bullet point, straight to the point, in my opinion.
    Just my opinion but for the certification section, unless a CV (or the particular job) requires it then don't post your grade and definitely don't put any "I'm working on this cert" unless you have, for instance, passed one of the tests (You could put In progress CCNP Switch exam taken)
    Looks like you have way too much white space on page 2. If the profile on page 1 is unnecessary (would better fit a cover letter) and the experience were rewritten to alleviate the white space it could probably drop down to 1 sheet.
    Also unless a CV format requires it knock off the personal interests unless you just need it to fill space.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.