CCENT/CCNA study

eserfelizeserfeliz Member Posts: 134
Hi everyone,

I've just started learning IOS commands with GNS3, Packet Tracer and on PacketLife.net. Especially on Packetlife, I would like to make full use of my time, can anyone recommend any lessons that I could utilize with Packetlife to make better use of my time? To give you an idea where I'm out, I'm able to route traffic between several routers and switches through different networks.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
MCP, HDI-SCA, MCDST, Network+, MCTS: W7C, MCITP: EDST7, BS: MIS

In progress: MCSA (70-290 & 70-291), CCENT, CCA XenDesktop 5

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I haven't started my Cisco study yet (except reading a few chapters of IDOMs ICND1 book and doing a few basic things on GNS3) so I'm of no help to you. There is a free CCNA workbook Free CCNA Workbook that might help you.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    earweed wrote: »
    (except reading a few chapters of IDOMs ICND1 book and doing a few basic things on GNS3)

Sounds like study to me. icon_wink.gif
    Check out the techlabs in the CCNA forum The webmaster has been working on some new ones and just released TechExams.Net CCENT/CCNA TechLab: Layer 2 Switching Basics
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Both sites that earweed linked are excellent resources. Combine that with a good book and you're good.

Todd Lammle's and Wendell Odom's books are the two most popular. The only difference is in the writing style. Google Books has a preview of both of them which is enough to figure out which you prefer.
  • eserfelizeserfeliz Member Posts: 134
    Yeah, so far I've got Wendell Odom's books and video, Todd Lammle's books and videos, CBTNuggets and TestOut 640-802, PrepLogic Study Sheet, GNS3, Packet Tracer, and Packetlife.net. I've learned the most about the concepts from the TestOut series and the most about the CLI from Packetlife.net, along with the labs in TestOut.

I found a new resource a few hours ago:

GNS3 Labs :: Cisco Router Simulator Network Labs & Topologies For CCENT, CCNA, CCNP & CCIE Candidates!

Anyway, good luck to all studying. If anyone is in the S. Florida area studying for their CCNA/CCENT, contact me if you want a study partner or to compare notes.
    MCP, HDI-SCA, MCDST, Network+, MCTS: W7C, MCITP: EDST7, BS: MIS

In progress: MCSA (70-290 & 70-291), CCENT, CCA XenDesktop 5
    wbosher wrote: »
    Sounds like study to me. icon_wink.gif
    Not really serious yet. I still have to complete my Microsoft studies for WGU first before I really get serious about Cisco.

Thanks for the links to the GNS3 lab site!