Options

CBTs for the iPad

sambuca69sambuca69 Member Posts: 262
So, I picked up an iPad this weekend with the cellular plan, and I'm really liking it.

I'm sure there is a way, but how could I watch my CBTs on here as well? For example, my Trainsignal CBTs... how the heck do you transfer the app over? Or is it not possible?

I loaded up PDFs and got some techy Kindle books on there, and like someone else here said, it's nice to be able to walk around with a library of books.

Comments

• Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I dont have an Ipad (yet!) but couldnt you copy the Trainsignal material into ITunes, and sync it that way to the Ipad?
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Trainsignal should be no problem. For CBT nuggets, you would probably need to download their app and then you could use the streaming subscription.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Hmm.. I'm not sure how to just "copy" these over. What app would I use to copy the files over? I'd need to create a folder for all the files associated with these CBTs, no?

Bear with me... first time using iTunes as well :)
  • Options
    TrainSignalEricTrainSignalEric Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The best way to view our trainings on an iPad is through Train Signal - Computer Training Videos - Microsoft, VMware, Cisco, CompTIA & more! and clicking on the green My Online Training button. They'll stream and come out in high resolution.

If you want physical copies on your iPad you'll need to find a program that can convert the AVI files located on the Video Disc into a format the iPad can play. The iPod video files we provide are meant for the iPod and are in a smaller resolution.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Super C can do that conversion for you. (or any conversion you could ever think of) Otherwise realplayer has some easy conversion software built in it that should be able to do that for you.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Sweet, thanks all. I will try it tonight.
  • Options
    subl1m1nalsubl1m1nal Member Posts: 176
    Check out the VLC app for iPad. It should be able to play the AVI files.
    Currently Working On: 70-643 - Configuring Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure

Plans for 2010: MCITP:EA and CCNA
    70-648 - Done
    70-643 - In progress
    70-647 - Still on my list
    70-680 - Still on my list

www.coantech.com
    www.thecoans.net
    www.facebook.com/tylercoan
    www.twitter.com/tylercoan
    www.linkedin.com/users/tylercoan
  • Options
    subl1m1nalsubl1m1nal Member Posts: 176
    You don't have to re-encode. VLC should play it.

However, if you need to rip a DVD or encode a video file, I recommend handbrake. Free and simple to use.
    Currently Working On: 70-643 - Configuring Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure

Plans for 2010: MCITP:EA and CCNA
    70-648 - Done
    70-643 - In progress
    70-647 - Still on my list
    70-680 - Still on my list

www.coantech.com
    www.thecoans.net
    www.facebook.com/tylercoan
    www.twitter.com/tylercoan
    www.linkedin.com/users/tylercoan
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    subl1m1nal wrote: »
    Check out the VLC app for iPad. It should be able to play the AVI files.

icon_thumright.gif This explains everything you need to know!

I use this app on my iPad and i can watch many formats. I have several videos i ripped from the Cisco Press Firewall Video Mentor in flash based format icon_wink.gif I also have a full blown library of CBTs in AVI on the iPad as well. I will do whatever it takes to motivate and educate myself for a better career. icon_study.gif

Oh yeah having a library of PDFs and Video instructors in one thin little device is second to none!
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX