Options

Finally Dropping Symantec

it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
Thank god! I convinced my client to go with Sunbelt's Vipre agent to replace there SEP that was due for license renewal. We got three years of subscription through sunbelt for what would have been the same cost for a one year renewal of SEP. That went a long way to sell them.

It doesn't hurt that even with SEP we still have to rebuild one or two machines a month because of viruses SEP could not uninstall. I have my list of 'do not install' for AV, add any I miss:

1) SEP
2) Anything by trend micro
3) McAfee Total Protection
4) AVG

Comments

• Options
    forkvoidforkvoid Member Posts: 317
    I've been having good luck with Forefront. What do you not like about Trend Micro? I have a couple clients with Worry-Free Business, which has a stupid name, but not too bad of software from what I can tell.
    The beginning of knowledge is understanding how little you actually know.
  • Options
    subl1m1nalsubl1m1nal Member Posts: 176
    Good call. I love Vipre. I dropped SEP a few months back. Glad I did.

Had my first real issue with Vipre today. Kept getting a "trial expired" message on one of my PCs. Called support, waited for 40 minutes, but once I got somebody on the phone, was real impressed. US based knowledgeable help desk. Told me how to fix it in about 10 seconds.
    Currently Working On: 70-643 - Configuring Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure

Plans for 2010: MCITP:EA and CCNA
    70-648 - Done
    70-643 - In progress
    70-647 - Still on my list
    70-680 - Still on my list

www.coantech.com
    www.thecoans.net
    www.facebook.com/tylercoan
    www.twitter.com/tylercoan
    www.linkedin.com/users/tylercoan
  • Options
    forkvoid wrote: »
    I've been having good luck with Forefront. What do you not like about Trend Micro? I have a couple clients with Worry-Free Business, which has a stupid name, but not too bad of software from what I can tell.

Trend Micro has a small footprint, which is nice, but I have never seen it actually clean a virus. Vipre kills them with fire, which is a nice departure from what we have gotten used to with SEP, McAfee, and other products.

Forkvoid - I think forefront is a fine product, we've just had really good luck with Vipre.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    My work laptop has SEP installed. Stupid Network Threat Protection keeps killing my ability to connect to my wireless access point even when I disable it from the SEP control panel. Will have to Google how to fix it today.
  • Options
    SEP is famous for turning of your network connection for no apparent reason. Perhaps to save you from you?
  • Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    Switched to VIPRE a month ago from SEPM and haven't looked back. Best decision ever. Only problem we have had is the Outlook Attachment issue, but has been fixed.
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration