Options

Finally back to IT support

AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 509 ■■■■□□□□□□
Mods please move or delete if this doesn't belong here but I'm very hyped right now because I'm back in IT support. I was doing desktop support previously but haven't been able to find work since and did a massive Windows Vista deployment and then a computer operator doing backups. That's about two years of non-support related work so I was getting worried no one would hire me again after getting turned down so many times this year. Got a call today for a job I interviewed at this past month for a level 1 helpdesk position and was hired today.
icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

Comments

• Options
    kahnkahn Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats mate for getting back on track.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats! Fine example of persevering with something.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats man! Random but how do you like the bay area/SF? I'm thinking of moving there in like 8 years lol.
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sounds awesome! Congrats. Where in the Bay Area are you located? I am in the north bay, Petaluma to be exact. Good luck with the new job.

Rogue2shadow: The bay area is great. I have lived here my whole life. The job market is pretty competitive but not as bad as many people claim or believe.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 509 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks, everyone!
    Congrats man! Random but how do you like the bay area/SF? I'm thinking of moving there in like 8 years lol.

I love The Bay. I have lived here my whole life though so I can't really compare to anywhere else. As stated by snokerpoker the IT job market is competitive. Though that can apply to all job markets here really. I love the weather but hate the cost of living and TRAFFIC. Why in 8 years though?
    Sounds awesome! Congrats. Where in the Bay Area are you located? I am in the north bay, Petaluma to be exact. Good luck with the new job.

Rogue2shadow: The bay area is great. I have lived here my whole life. The job market is pretty competitive but not as bad as many people claim or believe.

I am over in the East Bay in Martinez.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Truth is I've grown tired of Maryland (it is a decent state no lie). I used to fly to the bay all the time when I was a kid so in the back of my mind I kind of feel like its my second home. Since it is a competitive market, I want to be at my best before making a complete move. I feel that after 8 years, give or take, I'll have enough money saved up and enough experience to do the move right.
  • Options
    cbsharpe0824cbsharpe0824 Member Posts: 153
    News like this is always welcomed even if it is in the wrong forum! Congratulations and I wish you well my friend.