I've gotten to that point....

PhildoBagginsPhildoBaggins Member Posts: 276
I'm semi burned out on studying and reading.

I've configured probably 60 hours in my lab in the past 2 months.

I pick up a CCENT book and take all the practice tests and I have not averaged anything less than 80%.

I'm averaging 85% on Boson.

Am I ready...should I just go ahead and take it...when I get bored at work if I here anyone say a number I start saying the number back in binary lol....

I can setup RIP/OSPF on my 8 routers, secure then, SSH, 1 mock frame 4mbit, 1 mock t1, and NAT it to the internet through my belkin lol in about 40 min....add another 20 and I can configure xx VLANS with independing ROaS setups.

Less studying... more testin ???? What do you think.

Comments

• miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    you can do it.....

Sounds like you are ready.

have you checked Chris Bryants material on youtube....

use it as a free resource.icon_study.gif

YouTube - ccie12933's Channel
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    In addition to what miller said, I would be sure to pick up the exam blueprints, go through each topic thoroughly and see if you have any topics that you feel weak on. If you feel confident in all the areas (sounds like you are), I would say give it a go! Only you will know when you're ready... sounds like you have a good game plan going on! I'd say go for it... Good luck icon_thumright.gif

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    But can you subnet??
  • PhildoBagginsPhildoBaggins Member Posts: 276
    Whats a subnet?

jk.

I can subnet pretty well in my head.

I called the local testing center and I scheduled the ICND1 for Wednesday Oct 20th @ 12pm.

I'm feeling pretty ready :) Now I will just re-study everything lol and target my weaker areas.
  • mtorresmtorres Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I bet you are ready. That's how I was feeling, I kept studying up until the day before my test but I didn't learn anything new. I bet you'll smoke that test.
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The only way to know whether you're ready or not is to take it.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
    Thats exactly what my heart of hearts is telling me. JUST GO TAKE IT lol.

Well its scheduled.

Things I can do to prepare are:

Reread Exam Cram CCENT cover to cover, retaking all test questions and taking the 2nd 50+ question test that I have been saving so all questions will be new to me.

I can write out my subnet table in 2 minutes flat /17 to /32
    increment,CIDR,mask,hosts,b subnets, c subnets

What would be good to memorize and **** on paper/whiteboard during the 15 minute into to the test?
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Paul Boz wrote: »
    The only way to know whether you're ready or not is to take it.

This.

But make sure you have read the latest exam blueprints and are confident you don't have really weak areas in anything and you sound good to go !
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
    Sweet, i got the blue print from cisco.com.

I'm stuck on a call with Fujitsu talking to a site where they are trying to get this guy to find a 2811 that doesnt exist...... This poor guy makes minimum wage and is running around looking for a mystery router that went offline lol.....

edit.... He found it lol they mounted it sideways. and the fans are dead... I need to get out of the helpdesk and into the field with a CCNA/CCNP wooot
    Went through all the test questions in Exam Cram 93% average woo hoo...

It would have been closer to 100% but I messed up 1 number on my subnet chart and it through off some subnetting questions lol.