Options

New Job

coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
Heah All,

It has been ages since I posted here (been reading posts here and there) but definitely feel the obligation to tell you all about my job switch. I recently moved to a different organization and switched job roles from being an Information Security Officer to Information Technology Auditor in organization's Internal Audit department. The job role is quite different in terms of dealing with people but form technical point of view it will most likely provide more exposure to IT systems and business at the same time.

I am pretty excited to get a fresh start and have started studying for my CISA exam (it is almost a requirement in this line of work).

Thanks to this board for all the posts, they indeed contribute a lot to our knowledge pool.

Comments

• Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    why did you switch? pay bump? didn't like the last position? or just the more IT exposure you mentioned?
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    why did you switch? pay bump? didn't like the last position? or just the more IT exposure you mentioned?

To justify it, it was a mix of both (pay and IT exposure), but at a personal level I think it was just about time for a change, and I think I was lucky enough to have found change in these times.