Options

Passed

JSKJSK Member Posts: 166
Passed the exam today. Feels good to get this one out of the way. I have to admit I was starting to get concerned towards the end because I was having a hard time getting into some of the material.

I'm ready to move onto the CCSP track. But I don't know which exam to begin with. I'm leaning towards going with IPS 7.0.

Comments

• Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats man!!! What did you use to study for this one?
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS!!! icon_cheers.gif

Good luck with your CCSP track!

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    Thanks guys!

For studying, I used the IINS Self Study book by Catherine Paquet and the CCNA Security Official Exam Certification Guide by Watkins and Wallace.

For labs I used my 2650xm and 3550 for much of it. I also used GNS3 for some of the VPN stuff.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on the CCNA:Security!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!!

icon_thumright.gif

Nice job!!!
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats man!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    JaCkNiFeJaCkNiFe Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    JSK wrote: »
    Thanks guys!

For studying, I used the IINS Self Study book by Catherine Paquet and the CCNA Security Official Exam Certification Guide by Watkins and Wallace.

For labs I used my 2650xm and 3550 for much of it. I also used GNS3 for some of the VPN stuff.

Congrats on the pass!! Would you say the 'Official Exam Certification' is a necessary addition to the Catherine Paquet book? I am making my way through her book and I am curious if the Cert Guide covers topics not found in Catherines text.
    Lab on!
  • Options
    JaCkNiFe wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass!! Would you say the 'Official Exam Certification' is a necessary addition to the Catherine Paquet book? I am making my way through her book and I am curious if the Cert Guide covers topics not found in Catherines text.

Honestly, if I were to do it all over I would read the Paquet book completely. Then use the Watkins/Wallace book to cover topics that I didn't quite understand well enough. The Watkins/Wallace book is good. However I found it dry and boring at times.
  • Options
    beatblambeatblam Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JSK wrote: »
    Passed the exam today. Feels good to get this one out of the way. I have to admit I was starting to get concerned towards the end because I was having a hard time getting into some of the material.

I'm ready to move onto the CCSP track. But I don't know which exam to begin with. I'm leaning towards going with IPS 7.0.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey mate I am having a feeling after passing my CompTIA Security+ to now start CCNA: Security, but please advise which materials to use, and some online tests...
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    beatblam wrote: »
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey mate I am having a feeling after passing my CompTIA Security+ to now start CCNA: Security, but please advise which materials to use, and some online tests...

Beatblam... just a heads up, in order to obtain the CCNA Security certification, you have to have a current CCNA. With that being said, the best material available is this book, this lab manual and the CBT Nuggets series. Do you have any equipment to practice on? You'll need a lot of practice with the SDM & Zone Based Firewalls. Good luck! icon_thumright.gif

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker