Options

Exam Scheduled

BeltannonBeltannon Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Taking My A+ Tuesday and Wednesday!!
Question for you guys..How long did you wait after taking A+ to get Network+. I have been working in Help Desk/Field Support for 5 years..Was planning on Taking A+ i October and then Trying for Network + in November...

Comments

• Options
    kidainnykidainny Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    First off, good luck next week on the exams.

As far as how long i waited...Personally, I started right away on Network+ and took it a few weeks later. Others may disagree, but i thought it was easier. I was more interested in learning the basics of networking though, so my interest was there the whole time.

Which study materials are you planning to use for the Network+?
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck on your A+!
    I personally used mainly the Labsim videos for studying for the Net+ and I studied about 3-4 weeks.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    I am goign to use a combination Mike Meyers books and practice exams guides from Mike Meyers, dummies and upward mobility. I usually read the passport guide, take the practicce tests from the all in one guide to identify my weaknesses. I then Concentrate hard on those weaknesses and review my strength and take the practice tests from another source to see how I have improved. I also reviewed Professor Messers video of which I new a majority of the topic covered which I am assuming is a good sign..I am really interested in Labism, but can't get any information from their site regarding pricing and how to sign up.. If anyone could shed light on this for me I would greatly appreciate it. The site I was visiting was LabSim - IT Certification Training With Online Labs.
  • Options
    Here's the link for their Net+ product. If you're a student they offer a student discount but you'd have to talk to customer service to get it. Just having a valid >edu address will probably be sufficient to qualify. The student price is around $90
    Network+ Training - Order Today and Save on Network+ Online Training - LabSim
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    I was still fairly green in the IT field at the time I took the A+ six years ago, I was just a break fix tech and had no aspirations of immediately going further. I liked my job and was making decent money. A year after A+ I knocked out Server+ because it was more pertinent to my job, I was still with the same place and was doing a lot of field work with servers. Configuring RAID arrays, replacing drives and several other server components. That was 2005, I only just passed Network+ a week ago, but only with about 5 days of study, because now I am moving my career further to a network administrator role, rather than just a tech. I'm planning on taking Sec+ in about 2 weeks.

Basically what I'm trying to say is I don't think there is any real grace period anyone would need, you can bang them out as fast as you are comfortable familiarizing yourself with the material. It's all about what your career, or career goals dictate you should do.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info guys!!. Today is test day (part 1) and honestly I have the jitters. Did a little review this morning nothing serious just a couple of weak spots I wanted a refresher on. Took another practice test and some flash cards.. Feel pretty good. Here goes nothing!! icon_wink.gif Hopefully after tomorrow I will be joining you all in the network+ forums! icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    Passed with 800!! Thanks for the help guys!
  • Options
    Congrats! Good luck on part 2.
  • Options
    Just passed my 702 with a 821!! See you guys in the Network+ Forums!
  • Options
    kidainnykidainny Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□