Options

For all you cynics out there

DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
yes we all know Hollywood stars are mostly stuck up and self centred, and care more about there next course of botox than other people.

But some time, just some times, one of them goes out of there way and does something really rather nice :)

This is how every actor should respond to fan mail..

A pirate's reply
  • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

Comments

• Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    And a great round of applause for Mr. Depp alias Cap'n Jack.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I've always been a fan of celebrities remembering that they're actual people, and often times role models. This kind of reminds me of what Jeff Daniels did way back when Dumb and Dumber had just come out, where he came across three girls heading to their prom and decided to be their "date", since none of them had one.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I tried to watch the video. The Mercedes ad played, the video didn't. Go figure
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Aww nuts...
    Cannot play media. Sorry, this media is not available in your territory.

But yeah, Johnny Depp is awesome. He once made a surprise visit to a children's hospital as Capt. Jack to entertain the kids. Then he donated a few mill. to the hospital.

Yesterday I saw a whole bunch of celeb shots helping the kids in Haiti. PR stunt? Who cares; their status brings attention and money to the places that need it.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I have read Brad Pitt and Angelina are really big in New Orleans due to all the work they do down there.
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Slowhand wrote: »
    I've always been a fan of celebrities remembering that they're actual people, and often times role models. This kind of reminds me of what Jeff Daniels did way back when Dumb and Dumber had just come out, where he came across three girls heading to their prom and decided to be their "date", since none of them had one.

Arrrrr you kidding me? (tee-hee)

When I do stuff like this I get arrested.

MS
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    eMeS wrote: »
    Arrrrr you kidding me? (tee-hee)

When I do stuff like this I get arrested.

MS

It's generally advisable to wear pants if you plan on attending a high school prom. I'm just sayin'. . . icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    tpatt100 wrote: »
    I have read Brad Pitt and Angelina are really big in New Orleans due to all the work they do down there.

"Brad Pitt for mayor" shirts are very popular down here. They do a ton for the city. Brad Pitt runs some extremely low-income green housing in the 9th ward. The 9th ward used to be where some of the worst projects in the country were and now its filled with a lot of energy efficient homes build by Brad and Angelina. They're also very outspoken about the need for help down here. Brad actually narrated the NFL network's "America's Game" Saints episode from last season's championship.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/