Options

I'm part of the Sec+ now...

simtechsimtech Member Posts: 213
Just passed this morning with 823. What a morning, from major accident on the freeway, got there on time, but the proctor probably took the same freeway I did and he wasn't there. We had like 10 people waiting, the testing center has called a back up proctor who lives like 5 min away. Mine was scheduled for 9am, but didn't start until 9:30am, then I'm worry cuz I have a meeting at 11am at work. Finished at 10:30am and back at work now =))

Speaking on the exam, wow, what tricky wording challenges I would call it. I marked so many questions, thought I'd failed... but I didn't.... icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on completing the trinity!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Unforg1venUnforg1ven Member Posts: 108
    nice job m8. Sometimes pressure is a good thing :)
    Next on Tap>> WGU B.S. IT - Network Administration
    MCSA:2008 Complete >> Capstone left!

####################################
    "One of God's own prototypes... too weird to live, too rare to die..."
  • Options
    fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sounds stressful! but you did well -- congratulations!
    WIP:
    Husband & Fatherhood Caitlin Grace born 8-26-2010

Future Certs:
    Q1-2011 - INCD2, Microsoft or Linux (decisions, decisions...)
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Thanks, folks.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the trifecta :)
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Not sure how I missed this, but wow! In any event, congratulations and welcome to the club!! :D
  • Options
    K_RichK_Rich Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and welcome to the Comptia Trinity Club.
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone. I guess I can concentrate on CCNA before school starts on the 1st.
  • Options
    simtech wrote: »
    Thanks, everyone. I guess I can concentrate on CCNA before school starts on the 1st.

Oh, btw, a bit off topic, but since you are part of the Trinity Club, start going to mcmcse.com and get the CIW Foundations Study guide for WFV1 (IT Fundamentals I). Then schedule for that test sometime within your first month. Much of your A+, Network+, Security+ (and Project+ too, but I don't have that yet....but I was familiar enough with it to know what a statement of work is) will help you pass the 1D0-510 exam.

Yes, it's a waste of a cert/time but we all have/had to do it.....the sooner you're done with it, the better. :)
  • Options
    erpadmin wrote: »
    Oh, btw, a bit off topic, but since you are part of the Trinity Club, start going to mcmcse.com and get the CIW Foundations Study guide for WFV1 (IT Fundamentals I). Then schedule for that test sometime within your first month. Much of your A+, Network+, Security+ (and Project+ too, but I don't have that yet....but I was familiar enough with it to know what a statement of work is) will help you pass the 1D0-510 exam.

Yes, it's a waste of a cert/time but we all have/had to do it.....the sooner you're done with it, the better. :)

Cool, man. I didn't even think of that. I'll check it out. Thanks!
  • Options
    chuckleschuckles Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif. I hope to get mine done soon too!
  • Options
    cbsharpe0824cbsharpe0824 Member Posts: 153
    Nice job! Yeah, I am preparing myself already to get those "tricky" questions on the exam.
  • Options
    ssampierssampier Member Posts: 224
    Congratulations!

I am slowing working on my CCNA, as well.
    Future Plans:

JNCIA Firewall
    CCNA:Security
    CCNP

More security exams and then the world.
  • Options
    ssampier wrote: »
    Congratulations!

I am slowing working on my CCNA, as well.

Somehow I find myself bidding on routers and switches on ebay more nowadays than studying =))
  • Options
    kidainnykidainny Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sorry, noob question but, what is the WFV1 (IT Fundamentals I) test? Is this something people usually pick up after the a+, net+, and sec+?
  • Options
    kidainny wrote: »
    Sorry, noob question but, what is the WFV1 (IT Fundamentals I) test? Is this something people usually pick up after the a+, net+, and sec+?

It's a required entry level class at WGU since I'm going for BS in IT there. In my opinion, it's useless since I have A+ and net+ , I'm sure others would comment as well... you'll get more info on the certification here Certified Internet Web Professional | Standards for Success i think the cert code is 1D-510
  • Options
    simtech wrote: »
    It's a required entry level class at WGU since I'm going for BS in IT there. In my opinion, it's useless since I have A+ and net+ , I'm sure others would comment as well... you'll get more info on the certification here Certified Internet Web Professional | Standards for Success ... the cert code is 1D0-510 [IFYPFY]

No need, since you hit this nail on the head very well!

The difference between this exam and A+/Network+ is the HTML content that is tested plus some project management questions (Project+ would have also helped, but I knew enough of it since I've been involved in multiple "projects"....)

Aside from that, you are 100%. I did add the missing 0 in the cert code in the above quote....(it's still fresh in my mind....lol).