Options

640-802

SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
Just a quick question, besides the Odom books, what are the suggested study materials for someone pursuing the CCNA 1 exam route?

Comments

• Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    A few people use Todd Lammle's CCNA 6th edition book. I think it's helpful because of the configuration examples that he has in the book.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've taken and passed the CCNA twice and I used Lammle's book both times. It's pretty easy to read - as tech books go - and is a good prep source for the test. Having said that, however, if you don't lab out the majority of the exam topics to see how they translate into real world use then you have a low chance of passing the CCNA composite exam. Unless you work with all the CCNA topics on a day-to-day basis, then you will have to lab. Kaplan's Self Test practice questions were very helpful as well.
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • Options
    ZeroHunterZeroHunter Member Posts: 148
    SephStorm wrote: »
    Just a quick question, besides the Odom books, what are the suggested study materials for someone pursuing the CCNA 1 exam route?

I am not one to say a lot here as I am just starting this journey myself, but I wanted to add that I bought the CiscoKits Lab Book, and really like it, it will take you step by step through each lab. Side note: I bought the Value Pack, I would not recommend it, just the Lab Book.

Now it does not explain what each step does, but there is plenty of room to make notes so what I do is look up what the commands do and why they are used. I find the mechanics of this very helpful.

I bought the Cisco CCNA/CCENT (2 book kit) and the Sybex CCNA book, plus a crap load of video(s), podcast and other media.

Anyone else using anything different?
    Z3r0

Skool: Herzing Univ for CCNA
    c0op3r.com