Options

2011 Certification Plans

123457»

Comments

• Options
    ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    ehnde wrote: »
    Ironically the best way to accomplish this wish list (applies to everyone) is to do it now. Study. Don't wait. You'll be the same person in 2011 as you are right now, right? It sounds simple enough icon_wink.gif A roadmap DOES help though, so here's mine:

Feb 2011 ICND1
    March 2011 Security+
    April 2011 ICND2
    May 2011 A.S. - IT Network Management graduation and gainfully employed icon_cheers.gif
    July 2011 Start WGU IT Security degree

I can't look any further into the future. My life will be drastically different by May. But one more thing to add.....

Dec 2011 Finish 11,000 page reading goal!!!!

I thought I'd look back at this thread with what I posted and find some kind of absurd and unreasonable expectations I'd come up with. With the exception of Security+ and starting at WGU in July, I can say I am on track with my list icon_thumright.gif Security+ seems too expensive and irrelevant for me (I do have the knowledge to pass the exam, though). And I need a longer break from school....also in the process of moving.

Bl8ckr0uter I will be joining you in CCNP studies after I finish CCNA:Sec and the 2nd edition of Network Warrior!

Hope everyone is coming along well with their 2011 goals, and let's not forget our commitment to read 11,000 pages.
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    CCIE lab late 2012 I reckon. Most likely would need a job change to prepare properly as work commitments take all my time.
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    chrisone wrote: »
    CCNA Security
    CCNP Security

Non-Cert: Practice more Nagios / iCinga

I plan on studying other technologies such as penetration testing, deeper understanding of packet analysis.

I am working on my CCNA Security right now, I had to spend 5 months this year finishing my CCDP. So technically the CCDP was part of my original to do list this year.

CCNP Security, looks like i wont be able to get close to finishing that this year lol when i wrote my goals i didnt know the material was going to take so long to come out icon_lol.gif So i will have to realistically only be able to obtain the CCNP Security Secure exam this year.

Looks like i will have to finish CCNP Security in 2012.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    Repo ManRepo Man Member Posts: 300
    A change of jobs and increased job responsibilities at that job has totally derailed my plans for this year. I'd be happy to get MCSA and Linux+ by the end of the year.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Repo Man wrote: »
    A change of jobs and increased job responsibilities at that job has totally derailed my plans for this year. I'd be happy to get MCSA and Linux+ by the end of the year.

Heck one of those would be a nice addition if you ask me.

I really like the Linux + to be honest.

My reasons:
    1. 3 certifications for two test. (Not to bad)
    2. The Linux + book I was reading through was opening up a lot of doors in my mind. It was really good material and started teaching me a lot about Linux, even thought it was low level stuff
    3. Linux seems to be gaining traction in the environments I have been apart of.

I wish you the best.
  • Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    I'm currently studying for CCNA-Security then will he jumping to CCNP-Security since our Security Engineer wants me to help out on VPN, firewall, IDS, ASA and other security related technologies.

It seems that the stars are paving the road for me to Security.
  • Options
    ZentraediZentraedi Member Posts: 150
    Seems like work is really keen on getting some people UCS certified.

That means once I finish up this MCITP:EA, I need to dive into VCP and CCNP material.
    Current Study Track
    EMCCA, EMCCAe, EMCCE, VCIX-NV, Puppet Practitioner, ServiceNow