Options

Ask a CCIE

sthubbarsthubbar Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
What is your biggest question about computer networking?

Are you concerned about achieving certification?
Is there some topic you want clarification about?
Do you want to know how to expand your knowledge?

It could be anything, even if you think it is silly.

Here is your chance to ask a CCIE.

Come to a free webinar this Thursday at 10PM EST / 7PM PST

Ask a CCIE your most important network questions Online Class by Steve Hubbard

Steve Hubbard
CCIE #8109

Comments

• Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I guess that was spam, but I can't blame a guy for trying

Good luck with your site
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Seems legit to me. The user has been registered for a long time. The username and the person name matches up. They're just a lurker. Its free as well.

Welcome (again) to the forum
  • Options
    sthubbarsthubbar Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys.

I guess you are both correct.

This message does seem to come off as spam.

I enjoy teaching. Now that I live in Beijing, China, I'm not finding any consistent opportunity to do what I enjoy, which is teaching beginning/intermediate individuals about networking and computers.

I'd figure I'd see if I'm able to generate any interest in even free classes and then from there even consider if there is any business potential.

I found a site that really seems to be the sort of model I'm striving towards. He really seems to provide good value.

CCNA CCNP Cisco Security Certification Exam, CCNA Boot Camp CBT

Thanks again for the feedback. As a network engineer, I'm not experienced in marketing, so I'm learning as I do it. :)
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm sure the free wbinar will draw interest. I'll attend if I'm off work and awake even though I'll just be watching mostly. I'm just starting to study for the CCNA so I haven't gotten far enough in to even have good questions for you yet.
    I wouldn't model your web page after Bryants as his web page is kind of cheesy and infomerciallist.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Good to see it wasn't straight up spam. A good way to "teach" would to be hang around and answer questions here. I know its not the same, but if you want to help others its a start. Its always nice to have more technical people around to give advice.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Networker050184 has a good point. The OP should try to help out here for a while, maybe do some Q&A with the students that need help. If you build up a good reputation here, you'll seem more legit when you announce a site. A guy with one post always strikes me as a spammer.

Although you are up to 3 posts now, so welcome to TE.

:)