Security+ passed!!

kidainnykidainny Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
Scored 827/900 this afternoon. It was a good feeling to get this done.

I had passed the Network+ last month, and right away picked up Darill's book to get started on this.

Thank you for recommending the book Erpadmin, Earweed..etc

As for the test, def. thought it was the most difficult of the Trinity. The wording of the exam was a bit tricky. Marked about 20 for review, which was NOT a good feeling. However, there was NOTHING i saw on the exam that was not covered in the book.

Talk about last minute, i wound up taking Darill's final practice exam at the end of the book 10 minutes before i went into test. icon_wink.gif I had wanted to save that exam to a day or two before the test but had forgotten about it.

Good luck to everyone studying for the exam!!

Trinity Done!

Comments

• erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Wow...I'm really almost speechless. You are very welcome and I am happy that you passed. I was really inspired to get the book after I saw that many before me had found Darril's book to be a great resource and it is a permanent part of my Kindle collection. Not to mention all those 5 star Amazon reviews (that one jerk who gave him a 2 will never count and I do try to report the review to Amazon to get it reviewed as I think it's a fake review, even though he "bought" it from them).

In any event, I am very happy you passed and congratulations on a well deserved passed! What's next on the horizon?
  • ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    Congrats on the pass :)
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • K_RichK_Rich Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and the completion of the Trinity. Good Job!!
  • redmossbergredmossberg Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got Darril's book about a week ago because everyone here is speaking highly of it and now that I finished 70-290 I'm going to get this done soon. Congrats on the pass by the way :)
    A.A.S. Computer Network Systems
    B.S. Information System Security
  • fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats! I will have to be careful, as I am bad at reading the questions too fast, and going with my instinct. So I foresee me "marking for review" many questions... lol

You are the second or third person on here to say the wording of the questions seemed tricky.

Ill have to lookout for that on Wednesday.
    WIP:
    Husband & Fatherhood Caitlin Grace born 8-26-2010

Future Certs:
    Q1-2011 - INCD2, Microsoft or Linux (decisions, decisions...)
  • simtechsimtech Member Posts: 213
    Congrats on the pass!
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    congrats! I will have to be careful, as I am bad at reading the questions too fast, and going with my instinct. So I foresee me "marking for review" many questions... lol

You are the second or third person on here to say the wording of the questions seemed tricky.

Ill have to lookout for that on Wednesday.

It's not really tricky if folks do what I have advised since my passing...

R-E-A-D
    W-O-R-D
    F-O-R
    W-O-R-D!!

CompTIA tries to be really slick on questions....you read the first few words and think they're asking you this, but they really wanted that. That's the stuff you gotta watch out for.

The backup question is a great example of that. Every practice exam (including Darril) asked the backup questions the same way. On the test, it was worded slightly differently. (I knew it, of course....but it was not worded the same way the others were).
  • chuckleschuckles Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • cbsharpe0824cbsharpe0824 Member Posts: 153
    Congratulations Kid!icon_thumright.gif