Options

Do you maintain your own car?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Mojo_666Mojo_666 Member Posts: 438
    Hell yeah I maintaine my own car,
    every 6 months I take it to a grease monkey and part with my hard earned cash so he will service it.
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    earweed wrote: »
    I recently changed brake pads and oil on my car and was wondering how many TEers not only did it themselves but also those who can but just "don't get dirty" anymore.
    By the way the whole ordeal took a little over 2 hours for front/back brakes and oil change.

I actually ask this question of those that I interview. I think that it is a good way of telling if someone just has a knack for troubleshooting.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    powerfool wrote: »
    I actually ask this question of those that I interview. I think that it is a good way of telling if someone just has a knack for troubleshooting.
    [FONT=&quot]

lol WTF, troubleshooting is knowing your brakes are shagged, skill is getting them fixed the most efficient and affordable way.[/FONT]
  • Options
    powerfool wrote: »
    [FONT=&quot]

lol WTF, troubleshooting is knowing your brakes are shagged, skill is getting them fixed quickly, that does not mean you have to be the fixer.[/FONT] icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Mojo_666 wrote: »
    [FONT=&quot]

lol WTF, troubleshooting is knowing your brakes are shagged, skill is getting them fixed the most efficient and affordable way.[/FONT]

Yes, but being able to do that yourself, with intuition and trial and error, that is what makes someone valuable... they don't need their hands held.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro