Options

Passed 701 and 702 on 10/8

TheDarkHalfTheDarkHalf Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Got a 783 on 701
Got a 786 on 702

Decided to go ahead and do Net+ by the end of the year since they are changing it to a renewal based cert.

Feels good to be certified!

Comments

• Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Great job! Welcome to TE!!!!

I would say complete the CompTIA trifecta and get your Security+ while you're at it.
  • Options
    chuckleschuckles Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great job icon_thumright.gif. Work hard and you should be able to get the N+. I did it in about 2 months with very little network experience (and got an 865 on it!). I did find it harder than A+ even though my A+ scores were in the 810-820 something. It will be hard!
  • Options
    hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
  • Options
    VincentCeceliaVincentCecelia Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Got a 783 on 701
    Got a 786 on 702

Decided to go ahead and do Net+ by the end of the year since they are changing it to a renewal based cert.

Feels good to be certified!

What study method did you use for the A+?
  • Options
    Great job! Welcome to TE!!!!

I would say complete the CompTIA trifecta and get your Security+ while you're at it.

I just won't have time....I'm studying for Net+ now, will probably just have enough time to study for that and take it by the end of DEC
  • Options
    chuckles wrote: »
    Great job icon_thumright.gif. Work hard and you should be able to get the N+. I did it in about 2 months with very little network experience (and got an 865 on it!). I did find it harder than A+ even though my A+ scores were in the 810-820 something. It will be hard!

Thanks man! Right now I'm studying a chapter at a time for my N+ and making note cards as I go along.

I have very little network experience outside of the desktop support area and did do some CCNA classes back when I was in High School (circa 2002-2003). So it's all starting to come back.

I do not expect this test to be easy and am studying for it in a manner that will have me passing it on the first shot.
  • Options
    huntert wrote: »
    good job

Thanks!
  • Options
    What study method did you use for the A+?

I used a self study method. I do this stuff for a living (I've been doing desktop support for two years and have a masters degree in MIS). I purchased the 701/702 exam cram by pearson and read through all that and kept taking the practice exams till I had a perfect score on all of them (CD exams and written exams in the book).

I also made note of things I frequently missed....I made sure to go back and re-read those sections of the book.