Options

Hi passed 70-210

gazelle3xgazelle3x Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Took the s exam on saturday and scored 865. Most of the questions were based on networking stuff like DHCP,DNS ,subnets etc. A few were on recovery console cmds,safe modes,detecting legacy devices,NTFS & share permission troubleshooting.
Pay close attention to the wording of the QS. Time might run out so be real careful.THe Qs are lengthy.
This site was really useful.Thanx guys.See u on the 70-215 forum.

Comments

• Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great job, I passed today as well!
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats to all!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    l2704l2704 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi,
    i am also studying and taking my exam soon.could you tell me what book did you use for your practice multiple choice and final revision?

also can you tell me how many questions did you get and how much time did you take?

thank you !!!
  • Options
    gazelle3xgazelle3x Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    tell me what book did you use for your practice multiple choice and final revision?

I used the MS press book, but most of the stuff I found on the internet.
    Make use of all the free practice exams out there,some of the exam websites are listed in this site.

The exam length is 150 min(incl the survey Qs and all that).
    # of Qs is 50, I think the passing score is 700.
  • Options
    l2704l2704 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

thanks for replying to my message. I am planning to buy the transcender(which is quite expensive icon_eek.gif ).i have completed the sybex book and now doing my first revision of the whole chapters and need to go through a second time and then will start taking the practice test.

but while going through the chapters in the Sybex book,i am doing the practice multiple choice questions as well.will start the internet ones and may be the transcender after my revison !
  • Options
    TranscenderMichaelTranscenderMichael Member Posts: 187
    l2704 wrote:
    Hi,

thanks for replying to my message. I am planning to buy the transcender(which is quite expensive icon_eek.gif ).i have completed the sybex book and now doing my first revision of the whole chapters and need to go through a second time and then will start taking the practice test.

but while going through the chapters in the Sybex book,i am doing the practice multiple choice questions as well.will start the internet ones and may be the transcender after my revison !

We appreciate it, thanks! :)
    TranscenderMichael (at hotmail.com)
    MCSE+I, MCDST, MCDBA, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CNE, CCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, A+
    Kaplan IT
    Powering Transcender and Self Test Software
    Served proudly, USArmy, 98C, '89-'92
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    l2704 wrote:
    Hi,

You're using the same material as a lot of people, including myself. I like the Sybex guides, even though a lot of the excercises don't work right. And then with Transcender for practice exams, pass those highly, you should be good. I'm hoping to have 215 and 218 within the next few weeks. Congrats to all!!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ricka182 wrote:
    l2704 wrote:
    I'm hoping to have 215 and 218 within the next few weeks. Congrats to all!!

Hey Ricka, is there a big difference in 215 from 210. I'm studying for the 215 right now. I'm using the same materials that I used for 210 which were sybex book, microsoft readiness review, transcenders, and sites with practice questions like this.
  • Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529