Options

I need personal Advice

gregorio323gregorio323 Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey, guys I'm turning to you guys again the experts :). Well one of my questions is that i want to obtain my BA. I'm looking at the WGU.edu, im about to graduate from my community college with my AA in Computer Networking. I live in southern California i want to go to a calstate but no schools has the option of information system of security or networking. I guess what im trying to say is what would be best should i stay doing traditional lectures. Because i am intrested in WGU i have my Network+ A+ Security+ and CCNA will those count towards my BA in WGU as far as being a student will i skip those classes because they are recent of this year. I'm really interested and if you guys can help me make a decision will be greatly helpful. and is WGU a good school to get your BA.

If my question has been answered before im sorry for restating i havent kept up with the forms. but once again thanks for taking the time for giving me the advice.

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    First off you would be going for a BS if you studied IT at WGU.
    As long as your certs are less than 5 years old they would count as credit. What are you intersted in? There are several different degree paths at WGU.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    gregorio323gregorio323 Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well i want to get my BS in IT. my goal is to get my MS in IT
    and as far as what I'm going for. I'm really going for Network Engineer but I'm also interested in the Cisco Security but im really leaning into Network Design and management.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If going for Network Design and Management the your A+, Net+, and Sec+ will knock out a total of 4 IT classes. Your AA will also knock out some of your general education classes.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.