Options

Passed ICND1: 925pt @ 1:05

PhildoBagginsPhildoBaggins Member Posts: 276
After months of studying and labs I passed ICND1 with a score of 925.

I'm pretty excited about it. ICND2 next before Xmas and CCNP in 2011.

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on getting your CCENT!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    eserfelizeserfeliz Member Posts: 134
    Grats bro! How difficult was it in comparison to the Boson Exam Sim tests from Cisco Press?
    MCP, HDI-SCA, MCDST, Network+, MCTS: W7C, MCITP: EDST7, BS: MIS

In progress: MCSA (70-290 & 70-291), CCENT, CCA XenDesktop 5
  • Options
    eserfeliz wrote: »
    Grats bro! How difficult was it in comparison to the Boson Exam Sim tests from Cisco Press?

I thought the test was pretty easy. Boson is much harder than the real exam.

TIME MANAGEMENT is the key to success lol.
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing the test!
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    Work is offering me a new position today wtf lol.

Negotiations yo....this is outta the blue.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Work is offering me a new position today wtf lol.

Negotiations yo....this is outta the blue.

Absolutely beautiful. You deserve it man! The CCENT definitely is a great primer for CCNA; the same strategy will apply in the next test.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on the Pass icon_cheers.gif and the CCENT!! icon_cheers.gif

Good Luck with your ICND2 studies icon_study.gif -- after the appropriate ICND1/CCENT Celebration drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Thank you everyone. I really appreciate it.

I was offered a position to be a wan tech when they move that job function to my office, that was last night from our corporate Telecom Manager.

Today I was offered a new position to start a new department and run it from the ground up, Tier 2 Network Services Operations, start a new team policy procedure and be over all that jazz. That came from my director, I took it.

Its a small pay cut because I loose shift differential and no more four ten hour days but its definitely a step up. I will be acting as the primary contact problem manager for the division.....lots of network/mainframe stuff woo hoo.
  • Options
    jaykoolzboyjaykoolzboy Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you everyone. I really appreciate it.

I was offered a position to be a wan tech when they move that job function to my office, that was last night from our corporate Telecom Manager.

Today I was offered a new position to start a new department and run it from the ground up, Tier 2 Network Services Operations, start a new team policy procedure and be over all that jazz. That came from my director, I took it.

Its a small pay cut because I loose shift differential and no more four ten hour days but its definitely a step up. I will be acting as the primary contact problem manager for the division.....lots of network/mainframe stuff woo hoo.

This is the reward I am talking about, CISCO certification is just different than any other vendor out there.
  • Options
    dfjamadfjama Banned Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done and congradulations.....
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS!!! icon_cheers.gif You went in feeling really confident because of the obvious amount of time and effort you've put in. It showed on your exam!! Good luck with the ICND2...

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow, congrats x2!

<jealous>
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Options
    Thanks again everyone.

I'm already a 1/4 through CBT ICND2 vids. I've watched all these like 3 times but it has been 2 months since I watched them. I'll go through Odoms ICND2 from Cisco Press and probably Exam Cram then go take the next exam.

I think i'll be even more ready for ICND2 since I have been routing vlans, OSPF, NAT, VLSM, STP etc... for months.

Looks like I need to study more WAN and ACLs then I think i'll be golden.
  • Options
    JEarlJEarl Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Contratulations!
    + Pursuing AAS in Information Technology - 1 class left after this semester

+ CCNA by next semester
  • Options
    xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    Congrats! Nice score.

Good luck on the ICND2 studies. You'll nail it in no time.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • Options
    lanrexng2lanrexng2 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    well done chief well done good luck on ICND2icon_thumright.gif
    M Sc Computer Science == 1% completeA+, Network+, Security+, CCENT == 100% complete
    ICND2, RHCSA, C/C++, Python, x86,
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm glad I studied ICND2 along with ICND1. I'm half way through CBT nuggets ICND2 and I have configured/lab'd just about everything covered already.

The studying overkill method really works. I'll probably study a little bit into CCNP route/switch concepts before I take ICND2. I would really be happy with myself if I could start on my CCNP before the year is out.

Looking back at starting my ICND1 journey the learning curve was much tougher than going from 0 to ICND1 than it is ICND1 to 2. I'm really excited and I love this stuff....I have a feeling i'll be taking the next test in mid November :)
  • Options
    I started on my ICND2 lab setup.

Just playing around right now. This gives me STP/VTP and Multiple OSPF areas with good room for route-sum over wan links. Once I get all my frame goodies in within the next week or two i'll change this up and make a frame cloud between the 3810/2514 and 2611's

I know ICND2 tests on only an area 0 setup for OSPF but I figure adding multiple areas with borders will help prep for CCNP.

I'll update this tomorrow night and clean it up.

finished out the lab setup....right now everything is RIPv2'd so tonight i'll setup OSPF ....this will all get gutted when my frame stuff comes in lol.
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass, and very best of luck with your future studies
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    congrats dude...