Options

Passed VCP 410

MSNinjaMSNinja Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well I finally got this one in the bag.
Failed it the first time, 284. I studied for 2 weeks after that.
Passed the second time, 332.
With out a doubt the hardest IT exam I've taken so far.

Used CBT Nuggets, Borg study notes, SLOG study note links and every VMware document I could find.

I made a big mistake studying for the first exam and thought it would be ok to just read all the VMWare documents and read through some blogs and the study notes I found. That did not work!

I recommend making your own study notes, explaining the Blueprint categories, I made mine from the Borg study notes, Slog study note links and the VMware documents, 100 pages of pure fun.

Also after failing the first one, I read somewhere that of the 85 questions, 10 of them are not rated. so the exam it self are really 75 questions. A fun fact.

Server+ next (for work) :)

Comments

• Options
    willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
    Did you take a class for it? I thought you were required to take a class for the VCP.
  • Options
    Yeah I took the class, Configure,..... something something. And as far as I know you can take the exam first and then take the class.
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. Will be looking to start on this. Didn't even know there was a CBT Nuggets on VMWare.
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    mikedisd2 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass. Will be looking to start on this. Didn't even know there was a CBT Nuggets on VMWare.
    Train Signal also has vSphere Training. It's much more content and the same price (MSRP) as CBT Nuggets.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the Pass. Are you going to do any more VMware certifications?
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
  • Options
    I will probably start VCAP within a few months, depends on how busy work is.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the Pass!
    Perserverance pays off.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
    Congrats - I also barely failed the first time, then passed about a month later. I agree, it's one of the hardest certification exams I've ever taken, due to the scope of all the subjects covered.
    "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi
  • Options
    TechStrikerTechStriker Member Posts: 131
    Congrats, good work.
    Passed SNIA - SCSP
    Working on VCP4