2x 2950
2x 3550
2x 2650XM
2x 3640
1x 2801

Comments

• Options
    stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    What protocols are running on that router? If it's running anything like BGP or MPLS, most normal priced Layer 3 switches aren't going to be of much use.
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • Options
    mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    Don't forget that it's a multihomed router... sure, one side is going to the FR cloud, but it's also serving as an exit to the internet for VPN use.

I'm surprised that the diagram shows ethernet from the router to the FR cloud... I expected that link to be serial as well. If it is truly ethernet, and the requirement for vpn wasn't there, and it was only running point-to-multipoint frame relay, a layer3 switch would do. I think it's just because of the need for vpn access that they went with a router. Hell, since it has direct access to the internet, I think they left out a firewall of some kind in front of that router (unless it's a module in the router, which they just don't show).
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.