Options

what CCNA first (do they overlap)

Sally_ShearsSally_Shears Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Time to get my first Cisco cert, locally VoIP is big, a lot of jobs ask for it, my main interest is secuirty, so my question is: Is it possible to miss out on the routing CCNA and just go for voice or S? Do i need to start on routing? my experience with cisco is limited to home labbing. Will S or voive cover enough of the routing to get by? if i go for routing first will a lot of the info be in S and voice anyway.

thanks in advance, first post but I've used this extremely useful forum for awhile it's great.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You can take any of the Associate or Professional or CCIE Written Exams in any order you want, but you need to fulfill all the prerequisites for a Certification before you can earn it.

The CCNA is a prerequisite for the other CCNA Specializations like the CCNA:Security, CCNA:Voice, or CCNA:Wireless.

And then the CCNA is the prerequisite for the CCNP or CCIP and those CCNA Specializations are the prerequisites for their corresponding Professional Tracks.

It makes sense to start with the CCNA (or CCENT if you want to do the 2 exam option to earn the CCNA).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Sally_ShearsSally_Shears Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks that clears that up, now just to choose, S or voice. thanks again