Options

Certified or certifiable?

DeadProphetDeadProphet Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
Took both tests today, passed the A+ Core earlier today and then passed A+ Os just a little while ago.

Feels darn fine, next up is NetWork+

Comments

• Options
    eltoroeltoro Member Posts: 168
    good job!! Congratulations! Well, I am gonna be taking my os tomorrow, I have already passed the core hardware. I hope I pass!!
    Masters in Computer Science / Software Engineering (Dec. 2010)
    Illinois Institute of Technology
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    BigO1120BigO1120 Member Posts: 110
    Has anyone out there passed both exams on the same day?!?!
    A Thing Of Beauty Is A Joy Forever
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I scheduled and passed mine back to back.
  • Options
    Should I even attempt to take both exams on the same day?
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Sure, unless you feel like you shouldn't. They were the first exams I had taken and I passed both on the same day without much trouble.

If you get Mike Meyer's All-In-One book, it reads just like a single book, so you should be prepared for both exams.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    I too used the Meyers All-In-One along with miscellaneous sources and passed both the same day. Good luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Congrats!....on the flipside, I originally took both on one day, passed Core, failed OS. For me, one test a day.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    I'm debating on whether to take both tests on the same day. After spending days on the forums (especially this one) I feel like I'm well prepared to take the exam. I've been using 2 of Michael Meyers books:

All-In-One A+ Certification, 5th ed. (almost done with the whole book)
    A+ Certification Passport

What I discovered that worked for me was when I read a chapter in the AIO (All-In-One) book and then read the similar material in the Passport book I was able to retain the information much better. The Passport book touches up on the main topics that he's covered in the AIO book.

I'm still debating if a test-a-day is best for me or just get it over with in just one day.