Options

Passed finally!!

JapFreak786JapFreak786 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well after a very long time,i managed to pass XP on my first attempt,got 780/1000,but it's a pass which is what matters!

I marked 21 questions for review,and seriously thought i had failed it,and was actually looking away from the screen for a while as i didn't want to see what the outcome was..

Going to start Server 2008 in the next few days,at the moment aiming to study and possibly sit the exam within a month as i've got alot of time booked off from work!!

Comments

• Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!

I'm curious why you got the 270 and now your going to 2008.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on getting the 70-270 MCP!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    i'm training with a local college,only realised afterwards that i should have done it all myself but hey ho live and learn i guess..

went and saw my trainer last week,(he's an MCT,qualifed in like everything from what i've seen lol) and he was saying that instead of going for MCSA 2003 that i should now try and go for MCITP certification,but since i was 99% ready for XP it would have been a waste of prep time and knowledge to not sit the exam.

Think i'm going to aim for MCITP:EA now,i would have liked to gain MCSA 2003 and done cert's to qualify for MCITP:EA anyway. I think i'll get the study material for server '03 from him anyway,study for 2008 first,then go for 2003 as in a sense i should know most of the theory anyway..

also will be going for Window's 7 certification,just got to pay my exam fee myself and i'll be getting all the material from my course centre
  • Options
    Think i'm going to aim for MCITP:EA now,i would have liked to gain MCSA 2003 and done cert's to qualify for MCITP:EA anyway. I think i'll get the study material for server '03 from him anyway,study for 2008 first,then go for 2003 as in a sense i should know most of the theory anyway..

also will be going for Window's 7 certification,just got to pay my exam fee myself and i'll be getting all the material from my course centre

Only problem with going backwards is that 2008 builds off of 2003. So there are things that you can't do in 2003 that you can in 2008. The other thing is that the 2003 exams will be retiring in the somewhat near future. There is no date set yet, but it will certainly be before the 2008 ones go.

Just a thought
  • Options
    yeah i know,i'm not to sure on what to do regarding the order i do them in,i think it'll be better to do 2003 and then do 2008 by doing the upgrade exam..

to be honest i think i'll be focusing abit more time on trying to get experience in I.T now,still want to sit my next exam within a month if possible though,whether it be 2003 or 2008
  • Options
    If you do the 70-290, you will have an eerie feeling that you are taking the 270 again. It is all the same stuff except you are on a 2003 server now rather than the xp machine. But it looks and feels mostly the same.
  • Options
    ah so it's like the next step from 70-270 then right?
  • Options
    ah so it's like the next step from 70-270 then right?

Yep, and then after that is the 291. That is when it becomes all about the server roles and such. After 291, assuming you have an elective, you have your MCSA.
  • Options
    varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    Well after a very long time,i managed to pass XP on my first attempt,got 780/1000,but it's a pass which is what matters!

I marked 21 questions for review,and seriously thought i had failed it,and was actually looking away from the screen for a while as i didn't want to see what the outcome was..

Going to start Server 2008 in the next few days,at the moment aiming to study and possibly sit the exam within a month as i've got alot of time booked off from work!!
    Congratulations, you passed it! I seriously don't see why candidates are so emotionally involved with the score, it's not a test in how far you'll throw a stone... or involved with it few days after the exam...
    So in your view JapFreak, how tricky are the questions? Did you feel that the length of the questions was the reason that made you think you failed it, was it the wording of the questions, or nitpicking, unusual/unreasonable scenarios, your lack of lab work or something else that made you feel pesimistic during the test?
    I will hopefully be sitting this exam at the end of the month, but have hard time right now to force myself to study it, am not a big fan of windoze...
    As far as what your next exam should be, I'd choose 290. If you'd like to add some Windows 7 compatibility to your MCSA, maybe having the 680 as an elective would achieve that. At least that's my projected MCSA path.
  • Options
    yeah i think i've decided that i want to do 290 and 291,and then my elective,not sure which elective i want to do yet though,had a look on the ms site at the one's to choose from

the questions are just so long,they go on and on and i try to visualise things,but on some they just confuse you,i was given a board to write on,but i didn't use it,guess you can use it if you want to write/draw stuff out

i also only booked the exam the day before,kinda felt i rushed into it,but didn't want to wait another few days,i've been prepared for it for a while now,just couldn't get myself to book it as i always thoughy maybe i don't know enough
  • Options
    I did A+ and Net+ for my elective. It filled in background info which eased the MCSA. Otherwise you might want to consider and exam the will give you more for your buck, such as the 70-680 since it could apply to your MCITP down the road.

Otherwise, maybe something just looks interesting.
  • Options
    yeah i've looked at doing 70-680,but exchange & SQL seem quite interesting to me aswell,think i'll be doing some research into those and take it from there
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!!

I'm taking my exam this week any advice? icon_cool.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63