Options

I'm going in . . .

eternal85eternal85 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm going in at 3 today, my first M$ test, so I am a bit nervous ... well acutally I'm very nervous. Anyway, wish me luck! I used Exam Cram 2, the tech notes and practice exam at this site, and my instructors at school. So we'll see how it goes, wish me luck!

Comments

• Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
  • Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    Don't worry about it. You got this one!
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • Options
    dosed69dosed69 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Well the results are in, let's see.... 700 to pass... my score..... 715 BABY!!!! That was a relief, talk about an intense test! One of the harder I have taken, but hey, what ya gonna do.

Next week, Server +, then a week after that, 215, then 2 weeks after that, 218. Heh, this sould be fun. But for now, I am going to enjoy my newfound MCP status!
  • Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    Congrats and all, but considering 715, how you thought about relaxing your schedule a bit?
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Options
    Yeah, that was a bit of a downer, but still, it was a pass. At my school (Gibbs College in RI) no one has ever done MCSE before leaving, and that is my goal. Unfortunally, I have about 5 months left, so I set it up so I give myself an exam every 2 weeks. I know it's intense, but I do have dedication, and now I am familar with the style of a microsoft test. Who knows, maybe I'll kill 70-215, but then again maybe I'll fail miserabely, but one thing for sure is I won't do much good just sitting on the sideline staring at my 715 score.
  • Options
    dosed69dosed69 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    a pass is a pass and nobody can take that from you. Congratulations. I'm goin in for it tomorrow too. I'm nervous about it as well, but I've studied like hell for it, so even if I don't pass I know it wasn't for a lack of trying. Once again, congratulations.
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Whats the purpose of Server+? Seems worthless.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the pass!

Good luck on that schedule! Hope you gain that prestige of first MCSE!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    Congrats on the pass!!
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Congratulations.

What books/study material did you use for this exam?
  • Options
    Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    Whats the purpose of Server+? Seems worthless.

I have to agree with you. I asked my boss about me taking this exam. I have worked with NT/2000 for a while now and doing lots of Raid/backup stuff as well as other server setups. He said it would be a waste and to focus more on 70-215.

But, more power to ya.

C
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • Options
    Actually, Server + was just an afterthough. Upon hearing about the re-release of the exam (read:HARDER!), I decided to pick it up, I mean why not, one more cert to add to the resume. Might as well take it while the takings good. Besides, it not much of a departure from studying, I am just giving myself like 5 days to study for it, if I don't pass... well.. then that will suck, but I'll probably end up throwing it on the backburner for another time. Thanks for all the support!

As for study materials I used, here's a brief list:
    Exam Cram 2 70-270
    Technotes and techexams.net practice quiz
    Measure Up Practice Test
    Microsoft's Knowledgenet Online Campus

I'll let you all know how it goes on monday in the Server + section

On a side note, one more reason for taking the exam is that I am right now pending Network + Beta, and for the MCSA track, A + and Netowrk + OR A + and Server + wil count for your elective. With that in mind, I dont' want to found out a couple months later that I failed the Net+, so I am going to (hopefully) secure my elective with passing Server +
  • Options
    Mr. CoolMr. Cool Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi to all,

5 days left for my exam, i wacht CBT nuggets video and sybex book does anybady pass this exam using these material ?

today i have to do the test from teachexams and i will write here about my score and hope you'll let me know if i am ready for real exam...
    my last test in transcader was 600 of 1000 but i improved lots from there i will do the next transcader test soon.

one of my problem is the language... english is my second lenguage so does anybady know is there som extra time for people that english has second lenguage

see you soon
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Congrats! Good luck on the rest!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    TranscenderMichaelTranscenderMichael Member Posts: 187
    Mr. Cool wrote:
    hi to all,

5 days left for my exam, i wacht CBT nuggets video and sybex book does anybady pass this exam using these material ?

today i have to do the test from teachexams and i will write here about my score and hope you'll let me know if i am ready for real exam...
    my last test in transcader was 600 of 1000 but i improved lots from there i will do the next transcader test soon.

one of my problem is the language... english is my second lenguage so does anybady know is there som extra time for people that english has second lenguage

see you soon

Make sure to read the Transcender explanations, even for the questions you can answer correctly.
    TranscenderMichael (at hotmail.com)
    MCSE+I, MCDST, MCDBA, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CNE, CCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, A+
    Kaplan IT
    Powering Transcender and Self Test Software
    Served proudly, USArmy, 98C, '89-'92
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    eternal85 wrote:
    I'm going in at 3 today, my first M$ test, so I am a bit nervous ... well acutally I'm very nervous. Anyway, wish me luck! I used Exam Cram 2, the tech notes and practice exam at this site, and my instructors at school. So we'll see how it goes, wish me luck!

Good Luck, All I ever use is Exam Cram & prep logic questions.