Options

Anyone use a remote lab to prepare for their CCNA

howiehandleshowiehandles Member Posts: 148
I mean exclusively. I've seen the ads on ebay for remote lab access to study for your CCNA/NP

I have some equipment, mostly 2500s, but the labs on ebay are pretty impressive, and the rates reasonable.

Has anyone used those exclusively for their CCNA?

Comments

• Options
    PhildoBagginsPhildoBaggins Member Posts: 276
    I mean exclusively. I've seen the ads on ebay for remote lab access to study for your CCNA/NP

I have some equipment, mostly 2500s, but the labs on ebay are pretty impressive, and the rates reasonable.

There are free ones online you can schedule time with.

I wouldn't purchase remote access time from ebay, that sounds shady lol
  • Options
    There are free ones online you can schedule time with.

I wouldn't purchase remote access time from ebay, that sounds shady lol

I did not know that. Trying to save money, at least with CCNA
  • Options
    gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    You may want to check out Community Lab - Packet Life and there are others out there.

I haven't used any of them as I luckily have access to other resources. I'm a member of ACM and there a number of lab scenarios you can go through on there using real equipment in the element K area. I'm also taking Cisco courses at my university so I have access to the lab at school, packet tracer, and the Net Academy remote Netlab.
  • Options
    ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    I have a switch and a couple ADSL routers. That combined with GNS 3 is way more than enough to get through CCNA labbing. I know guys who passed the CCIE R/S with nothing more than GNS3.

You can rent a rack for something like $8 - $20 for a 4 hour block. I wouldn't do it for CCNA, though.
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I honestly used Boson simulator for most of the CCNA then switched to a few 2950's and 2600 series routers to finish up.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384

you can get by with GNS3 or Packet Tracer tbh.
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If you rent lab time you'll probably spend as much on that as if you had bought a couple 2950s and a couple routers. You can honestly get some 2950s cheap on ebay and then do some research on what routers to get.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Due to a resounding consensus, I will definitely not be renting lab time via eBay. lol

I'll see what I can patch together with what I've got. I believe I have a 2950, and some 2500s. I'll grab some 2600s and another 2950, and from what I've heard, that should be more than enough.

Thanks everyone