Options

Passed Security +

TrinidadTrinidad Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well finally did this, got an 818, not a super mark but passed none the less. I studied for about a month and a half for it. Thanks to all for the the resources posted here. I purchased Darril's book and that was a great resource. I felt that the exam was indeed tricky, at times I thought I had failed it but it is the wording that is the worst. Just makes you second guess some questions. Anyways I used this site for my Network + as well and it's a great place thanks to all for the work they put into helping others. Onto CCNA now :)

Comments

• Options
    simtechsimtech Member Posts: 213
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You don't get a special bonus for getting a 900, nor get shamed for getting a 750. You get the same certificate and wallet card as everyone else!

Congrats on the pass and welcome to the club!! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Unforg1venUnforg1ven Member Posts: 108
    congrats m8, A pass is a pass.

/cheers!
    Next on Tap>> WGU B.S. IT - Network Administration
    MCSA:2008 Complete >> Capstone left!

####################################
    "One of God's own prototypes... too weird to live, too rare to die..."
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    redmossbergredmossberg Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats! I'm studying for mine at the moment
    A.A.S. Computer Network Systems
    B.S. Information System Security
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Trinidad wrote: »
    I felt that the exam was indeed tricky, at times I thought I had failed it but it is the wording that is the worst. Just makes you second guess some questions.

Try a Microsoft exam, sometimes they can get up to 3 paragraphs! icon_surprised.gif
  • Options
    TrinidadTrinidad Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks all, feels great to get this one out of the way. After glossing over the CCNA material today almost makes me wish I was back to studying this icon_lol.gif
    phoeneous wrote: »
    Try a Microsoft exam, sometimes they can get up to 3 paragraphs! icon_surprised.gif

Wow, that's crazy. I'll count my lucky stars I don't have to write any of those....yet :D
  • Options
    krauserkrauser Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, well done. icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks all, feels great to get this one out of the way. After glossing over the CCNA material today almost makes me wish I was back to studying this icon_lol.gif

CCNA is very doable if you have a lab set up and do some good lab work. While it's possible you could pass with just reading a book, IMHO, you'd have to be some sort of savant to pull that off. Best of luck in those studies though and congrats on Security+ once again.

BTW, I'll be taking those 3 paragraph-questions exams real soon. Looking to do the 70-642 in November/December (hopefully).
  • Options
    simtechsimtech Member Posts: 213

Wow, that's crazy. I'll count my lucky stars I don't have to write any of those....yet :D

:D I agree on the CCNA. I feel it's more complicated than the three certs I did from CompTIA. I'm half way on ICND1, but still need to do more lab practice too.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    K_RichK_Rich Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!. and good luck on the trek toward the CCNA. That is my next goal also. just have been taking a break before the next round.
  • Options
    cbsharpe0824cbsharpe0824 Member Posts: 153
    Congrats Trinidad...
    I am studying as we speak too....