Options

Passed Security+ yesterday

MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
Passed security+ yesterday. Got a 791. The exam was odd as a lot questions seemed to have the same answer, so this made me second guess my answers.

I only used Darril's book to study, and I barely studied it.

Comments

• Options
    gatewaygateway Member Posts: 232
    Congrats on the pass! How much industry experience have you got with the sec+ requirements?
    Blogging my AWS studies here! http://www.itstudynotes.uk/aws-csa
  • Options
    Ive been working in the IT field since 94. Im a federal contractor as Sr Systems Engineer. So its becoming a requirement for us to have this certification by the end of the year or something like that.
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    MrAgent wrote: »
    ...by the end of the year or something like that.

icon_lol.gif

Congrats on the pass. The only reason why I took the exam was for potential govt. jobs.
  • Options
    I only took it because it will be required soon. I plan on working on MCSE and CEH next. I currently have a BS and I am cleared, so I never really needed certs.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new cert!
    You're going to find that in the current IT market there is a real need to stay current with the newest technologies and that is one of the reasons a lot of people here study for and get certs. Good luck in your future.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Thanks! Any idea how long it usually takes for Comptia to receive the information from the testing center?

earweed wrote: »
    Congrats on the new cert!
    You're going to find that in the current IT market there is a real need to stay current with the newest technologies and that is one of the reasons a lot of people here study for and get certs. Good luck in your future.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks! Any idea how long it usually takes for Comptia to receive the information from the testing center?

That should be on your score report.....it's accurate. It could take a couple of days....it could take 5-7.

BTW, Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    I noticed it on my score report, it says 5 business days, but I didnt know if it normally shows up sooner. I would think that being a digital IT exam, it would show up pretty quick and transmitted instantly. Not the case it seems.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I noticed it on my score report, it says 5 business days, but I didnt know if it normally shows up sooner. I would think that being a digital IT exam, it would show up pretty quick and transmitted instantly. Not the case it seems.

There are a lot of factors to take into account:

1) Testing center

2) Equipment

3) The possibility of an outage (it has happened)

4) Human error/laziness

Stuff like that. You should be good by the middle of next week. Til then, just relax. :)
  • Options
    K_RichK_Rich Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. You have another cert in mind for the future?
  • Options
    Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • Options
    Planning on going the 2003 MCSA/MCSE route.
    K_Rich wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass. You have another cert in mind for the future?
  • Options
    cbsharpe0824cbsharpe0824 Member Posts: 153
    Passed security+ yesterday. Got a 791. The exam was odd as a lot questions seemed to have the same answer, so this made me second guess my answers.

I only used Darril's book to study, and I barely studied it.

Congrats MrAgent! I will be taking it next weekend...
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Planning on going the 2003 MCSA/MCSE route.

Sounds good! Congrats man!!!!
  • Options
    Thanks and good luck to you! I see youre in VA, where in VA are you taking it at?
    Congrats MrAgent! I will be taking it next weekend...
  • Options
    Thanks and good luck to you! I see youre in VA, where in VA are you taking it at?

Thanks! I will be taking it in Herndon at Nextec, Inc off of Herndon Pkwy. They are a Pearson VUE center.
  • Options
    I know exactly where that is. I work in Reston.

I actually took mine in Manassas because I live in Gainesville and it was the closest VUE center. I would have done Prometric, but they didnt have any openings the day I wanted to test.

Thanks! I will be taking it in Herndon at Nextec, Inc off of Herndon Pkwy. They are a Pearson VUE center.
  • Options
    I know exactly where that is. I work in Reston.

I actually took mine in Manassas because I live in Gainesville and it was the closest VUE center. I would have done Prometric, but they didnt have any openings the day I wanted to test.

LOL..You work in Reston? Cool! I actually work in Richmond, but I will be up in the NOVA area that weekend in Woodbridge, so I decided to take it up there...just like the Reston/Herndon area anyway.
  • Options
    LOL..You work in Reston? Cool! I actually work in Richmond, but I will be up in the NOVA area that weekend in Woodbridge, so I decided to take it up there...just like the Reston/Herndon area anyway.

Very cool. Well good luck and let us know how you do!
  • Options
    Very cool. Well good luck and let us know how you do!

Thanks! Sure will.....
    Will be reading my butt off for the next two weeks!!!!:D