Options

Security + Question

2»

Comments

• Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    higherho wrote: »
    I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!icon_cheers.gif I might make another thread so everyone knows :P

I got an 800 (88%). The wording on the questions were so bad. I double checked my work thats for sure.

now back to my cisco studies hehe.

Told ya!!! Hope your other federal/DoD buddies are watching! Darril Gibson is the man! icon_cheers.gif

Congratulations!! Now add Security+ to your certifications. icon_thumright.gif

Just pay it forward man.....don't just pass and bounce....help and offer whatever you can so your other DoD buddies can see it is possible to pass with just this one book! LOL.

BTW, your pecentage is actually 89%! :) Don't short change yourself.
  • Options
    higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    erpadmin wrote: »
    Told ya!!! Hope your other federal/DoD buddies are watching! Darril Gibson is the man! icon_cheers.gif

Congratulations!! Now add Security+ to your certifications. icon_thumright.gif

Just pay it forward man.....don't just pass and bounce....help and offer whatever you can so your other DoD buddies can see it is possible to pass with just this one book! LOL.

BTW, your pecentage is actually 89%! :) Don't short change yourself.

I will help them :) I told them all about the book! ooo an 89?! sweet thanks for the clarification! I will add the cert to my account right now!

It seems I have to wait 5 days for the online system on CompTIAs website to register that I passed.
  • Options
    lockdnloadedlockdnloaded Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. Yeah the wording of the questions seemed to be encrypted.
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Congrats, a job well gone
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology
  • Options
    superman859superman859 Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    Degrees: B.S. Computer Science, B.S. Mathematics

Certifications: Network+, Security+

In-Progress: M.S. Computer Science, CEH
  • Options
    Thank you :)

I should first get the Net + before I pre-sue my CCNA (well I just need to refresh my self since I went through the academy) since I can get that for life too. Does DG have a Network + book?
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■

I should first get the Net + before I pre-sue my CCNA (well I just need to refresh my self since I went through the academy) since I can get that for life too. Does DG have a Network + book?

LMAO......

No he does not.

What is JUST as good though is the Mike Meyers All-In-One books (not the Passport books....the big mamma-jammas.) It's what I used to get mine (my last job paid for them when I was there....). I used his books (and Transcenders) for the A+ and Network+.

But DG, by far, has the best certification guide I have ever read for certification prep....it didn't feel like I actually read the book....and not just because I read it on an e-book reader, either....but the Mike Meyers books will also get you a pass for Network+.
  • Options
    superman859superman859 Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□

Sounds like a plan. Grab Net+ before the end of the year. I also used the Mike Meyers All-In-One Net+ and thought it was an enjoyable, easy to read book. There was actually more I had to study for Net+ than Sec+ due to lack of experience with a lot of it, but I really enjoyed that book.

It'll be good preparation to get you in the right mindset for that CCNA, and from what I hear about 75% of Net+ is on the CCNA anyways (plus a ton of Cisco stuff) so it'll get you a head start.
    Degrees: B.S. Computer Science, B.S. Mathematics

Certifications: Network+, Security+

In-Progress: M.S. Computer Science, CEH
  • Options
    I love this board :) Very nice people and a lot of information! My goal is to get my CCIE before I am 32.
    Sounds like a plan. Grab Net+ before the end of the year. I also used the Mike Meyers All-In-One Net+ and thought it was an enjoyable, easy to read book. There was actually more I had to study for Net+ than Sec+ due to lack of experience with a lot of it, but I really enjoyed that book.

It'll be good preparation to get you in the right mindset for that CCNA, and from what I hear about 75% of Net+ is on the CCNA anyways (plus a ton of Cisco stuff) so it'll get you a head start.

Thank you Superman :) I will check those books out. I took my CCNA in the summer and I got a 780 on it and I needed 820 to pass icon_sad.gif (all in one test). I only paid 70 bucks to take the exam. I used up all my time on sim questions and got nervous (was my very first cert test). I also missed the last 5 questions because of time. So I think because of me going through the network academy (thats how I got the voucher for the CCNA) and studies the Net+ will be much easier for me and at the same time refresh my mind on CCNA at the same time.

I still have to review because I security plus i needed first. The major thing I have to review is subnetting, its not difficult and I used to practice everyday and had it memorized but after a few months of not doing it you tend to forget a couple of tricks.