Options

Suggested reading materials?

orcsoulorcsoul Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm in the market for some CCNA reading materials.. so far I've purchased the sybex book (isbn 978-0470110096) and this monster from cisco press (isbn 978-1587201837)

I plan on reading the sybex book first, then starting to go through the cisco press book.

Hopefully at some point before I finish the cisco book I'll be able to afford lab materials and can begin a hands on learning binge.

Can anybody suggest any other (or perhaps better?) reading materials that I might consider, in addition to, or in replacement of, the two books I've already got coming to me.

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Are you going the one or 2 test route? I've got the 2 book set by Odom which is aimed more at taking the 2 test route and it's pretty good. Get as much hands on as possible with either a real lab or simulators as the tests do have sims on them which I hear are very difficult.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I posted my suggested reading for the CCNA exam, in addition to some extra books that may help you, in this thread. Other than that, you need to make sure you have LOTS of hands-on experience.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    orcsoulorcsoul Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm aiming for the single test approach. My biggest hurdle at this point is saving up enough cash to get the lab equipment at any one time. Gotta love living paycheck to paycheck.