Options

ICND1 tomorrow

Richard.FordRichard.Ford Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey all,

Quick question if anyone can answer this. I have memorised the class b and c subnetting table. Will they permit to make some notes before i start the exam? cheers
Richard

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've heard that most people write their tables down during the pretest survey.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I read in the agreement that you can't make notes until the actual test starts. Good luck on the test.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    They give you a dry erase board and a marker as soon as u walk into the test room, as far as I was concerned that meant I could start writing. So I jotted down all my subnet stuff real quick. Honestly you have plenty of time because you have to go threw all the pre-test survey stuff. Make sure your dry erase marker works before the proctor leaves because mine was crap and I had to chase her down to get a new one . Good luck man
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    PhildoBagginsPhildoBaggins Member Posts: 276
    earweed wrote: »
    I've heard that most people write their tables down during the pretest survey.

This was not allowed at my test center, they said they would fail me if I didnt wait until the final 90 minute test countdown began.

I believe that was stipulation 1 on rule 3 of the pearson/vue test policy for cisco.
  • Options
    This was not allowed at my test center, they said they would fail me if I didnt wait until the final 90 minute test countdown began.

I believe that was stipulation 1 on rule 3 of the pearson/vue test policy for cisco.

Guess its just all where you go. My proctor seemed like she could care less, just wanted to get back to her facebooking!
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good Luck on your test!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
  • Options
    Hi All,

Well first attempt at this test and i failed. I got 775 out of the required 804 i needed. Looking at the breakdown of percentages i figure i need to work on the following

"Implement a small routed network" I got 53% which was my lowest mark out of all the sections they tested me on.

Im worried i have misinterpreted something in the study material. I have Wendell Odom's Ccent/CCNA and i used CBTnugetts/Jermey Ciora to understand all of the different criteria. If im honest i found Wendell Odom's boook a nightmare to read, Jeremy's lessons were clear, concise and explained the theory in a really detailed manner without baffling the watcher.

any advice is appreciated. all the best
    Richard
  • Options
    Hi All,

Well first attempt at this test and i failed. I got 775 out of the required 804 i needed. Looking at the breakdown of percentages i figure i need to work on the following

"Implement a small routed network" I got 53% which was my lowest mark out of all the sections they tested me on.

Im worried i have misinterpreted something in the study material. I have Wendell Odom's Ccent/CCNA and i used CBTnugetts/Jermey Ciora to understand all of the different criteria. If im honest i found Wendell Odom's boook a nightmare to read, Jeremy's lessons were clear, concise and explained the theory in a really detailed manner without baffling the watcher.

any advice is appreciated. all the best
    Richard

How many weeks did you study? How many hours per week? Did you use a home lab, if so what equipment? Virtual Lab, offsite lab?

I would have not gotten a passing score without my home lab. Also, I highly suggest the non Ciora based Exam Cram CCENT/ICND1. I found the level of information in that book pretty much spot on for ICND1.

How many times did you read the book? Did you keep track of which chapters did not make sense, practice questions passed/failed? I tracked every part of my study so I knew exactly where my weak areas were and I focused on those after I would finish a book. Then I would wait a week or two and go back through the book (alternating other learning material between).

I made my own lab designs, practice tests with excel based memory games for a full subnet chart, port numbers, binary games, hex games etc....

I did all that for 3-4 months and I still only pulled a 925 lol
  • Options
    Study time has been scarce really, Family man here with a very very busy household. Work for a cable company in the UK and do shifts, Been studying on nightshifts but the majority of my study was done in the last 2 weeks. Thankfully my boss gave me a week off faults(last week) and went thro all the cbtnugget video/wendell Odom book but the cisco press boooks are so tedious.

Lab wise i loaned some kit off my friend, 3 cisco routers and 2 switches and went thro all the labwork required foor ccent, Rip, serial connection, encapsualtion, cdp, port security and i used cisco packet tracer as well when i didnt have access to the kit.

On the plus side i suppose im not a million miles away. just going to reread the books and take it from there.

I know its a entry level exam but its a hard exam, not to be taken lightly.
  • Options
    DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't beat yourself up over not passing.

Inbetween my 1st attempt and passing I read Todd Lammle CCENT book and changed the way I was labbing. No more "cookie-cut-out" labs.

I also wrote down what I could remember from the test to help taylor my studying.

Stay on the study train and you'll get it! :)
  • Options
    nevermindnevermind Banned Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If I where you just take the CCNA exam next time it is in my opinion easier to pass than 2 exams.
  • Options
    nevermind wrote: »
    If I where you just take the CCNA exam next time it is in my opinion easier to pass than 2 exams.

After tacking both ICND1 & ICND2 , I would have to agree with this
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO