just passed composite CCNA

zeratulzeratul Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
hello everyone!
just passed the composite CCNA. my 2 years attending Cisco Netacad pays off (it's actually part of the curriculum). i used Ciscopress books + CBT Nuggets.

btw, i'm still unemployed and looking next either MCSA or LPI/RHCT. i prefer Linux route though, but most of the job postings require MS certs. icon_rolleyes.gif

is my English good enough?

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Welcome to TE and congrats on passing a very difficult exam!
    Your english is fine, there are several people who post here regularly who have english as their second language.
    As to which certs to pursue next I would recommend you go ahead and get into the job market with your CCNA and find out what it is you want to do. You should pursue what it is you have a passion for and an interest in not what you perceive to be the most popular.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Your English is fine. Where are you from?

And I have a slightly different opinion to earweed. I agree that you should follow the path you are passionate about. But I also think getting a few MS certs is not a bad idea. What kind of job are you looking for (realistic dream job)?
  • zeratulzeratul Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the advise, really appreciate it.

i am passionate about linux and quite good at it. however, i am bit bothered chances of finding job

in my last application i indicate that i am willing to start at the bottom of the ladder (since i am a newly-grad and got no real corporate IT experience aside from playing around Cisco gears at lab).
  • hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
    i saw a lot of linux stuff in the novell forum a friend told there was a lot of work with novell in ny
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think you should go for the lpic 1. Linux is on the rise. Linux and networking seems to go hand and hand.
  • zeratulzeratul Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think you should go for the lpic 1. Linux is on the rise. Linux and networking seems to go hand and hand.

I just did RedHat preassessment (RH033) last night and I got 37 points. that's quite encouraging. I think if you know a lot of commands, you're halfway there however, i still need to install a copy of RHEL/CentOS because a lot of commands are Redhat-specific. at the moment I am using Gentoo and Debian.
    would be simplier if i install RH in VBox then.
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    zeratul wrote: »
    I just did RedHat preassessment (RH033) last night and I got 37 points. that's quite encouraging. I think if you know a lot of commands, you're halfway there however, i still need to install a copy of RHEL/CentOS because a lot of commands are Redhat-specific. at the moment I am using Gentoo and Debian.
    would be simplier if i install RH in VBox then.

I am currently studying the LPIC-1. I have a thread on it and I would encourage you to share some of your knowledge there (if you want):
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/linux/58986-bl8ckr0uters-linux-trek.html
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I would do the RHCT/RHCE. It's expensive but well respected.