2620xm

simtechsimtech Member Posts: 213
I've been having issue with my ebay purchase recently on the cisco stuffs for the lab. I understand issues happen here and there. Anyway, I won a bid for 2620xm, but when I get package it was 2620 non xm. The seller mentioned it was an error on his part since the listing and description said XM. So he asked if I want to purchase the non-xm one. Other than faster processor for xm, what's the pros and cons here? I'm waiting to see how much he is willing to sell it for otherwise I'm going to send it back. What's the good price for non xm 2620? I saw on ebay as low as $40. Let me know, folks. Thanks for your help.

Comments

• tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Slower CPU.
    Less maximum RAM.
    Less maximum flash.
    The 26x0s only have a built in Ethernet and not Fast Ethernet interface.
  • wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Actually it is a fast ethernet interface not a ethernet. Also it maxes at a 12.3 IOS where as the 2620xm can support 12.4.
    wastedtime wrote: »
    Actually it is a fast ethernet interface not a ethernet.
    Ah yeah. Okay. If it is a 2620 then it is FE. If it is a 2610 then it is just regular Ethernet.
  • PhildoBagginsPhildoBaggins Member Posts: 276
    They typically have 64/16 ram/flash which is decent enough to run some ip services and what not but if I could re-purchased my 8 router 6 switch lab I would have just bought 2600XM routers lol. Send it back and get an XM. You have will have an easier time upgrading and running the newer IOS's.
  • PhildoBagginsPhildoBaggins Member Posts: 276
    If the seller is willing to let that 2620 go for like 35-40 shipped thats not a bad deal but you can get cheaper. I got 3 2620 routers with fully loaded ram for like 30-40 bucks lol.
  • simtechsimtech Member Posts: 213
    Cool, thanks for info. We'll see how much he is going to let it go. Otherwise, I'm returning it for my money back. What a waste of time though, since I thought I'd be done shopping around and can concentrate on studying...icon_sad.gif
  • KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    Yes, return it. He is stiffing you. A lot of people wouldn't have known the difference between the two and he would have got away with it. One of the cruicial points about the XM is it's ability to upgrade to 12.4 IOS wheras the 20 cannot.
    Kam.
  • toe44toe44 Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You need 12.4 if you are going to work towards the CCNP as well...
    Yup, it's going back to the vendor. He didn't like my offer price. Waiting for him to give me his fedex acct number since I'm not paying for the shipping due to his error.
    Another mistake which seems to happen all too often is that you get a 3500XL instead of a 3550...
    It's a good lesson for someone buying from ebay to make sure you get what you are paying for. You never know when the vendor tries to stiff you or not. I didn't even realize it wasn't xm until I plugged in and saw the version in the terminal. What I noticed too, it was slower booting up compared to the 2620xm i have.