Options

Question from a company I applied for

Never mind...
Courses Completed at WGU: JIT2, LYT2, TFT2, SJT2, BFC2, TGT2, FXT2
Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU in MS: IT Network Managment: MCT2, LZT2, MBT1, MDT2, MNT2
CU Done this term: 16 Total CU Done: 19
Currently working on: Nothing Graduation Goal: 5/2013

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    I would delete this post. They can easily see if you posted this. You might not mean any harm, but I'm just giving you a idea of what can go wrong.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    Or you could use the TE subnet calculator and get the answers you desire.
  • Options
    themagiconethemagicone Member Posts: 674
    Never thought that they might find out I asked. They did send it out to a bunch of people. I doubt I'll get a call back. With no professional IT experience my chances are slim to none. The job market, here in MN at least, is very selective. Employers are only hiring the most skilled and best fit. And at half of normal wages to boot. In 2008 I was making over 60k+, the best I can get offers for now are 30k to 35k - that is if I can even get that far.
    Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU in MS: IT Network Managment: MCT2, LZT2, MBT1, MDT2, MNT2
  • Options
    I did get a call back! I have an interview today at 4pm! Wooo!
  • Options
    neocybeneocybe Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dude, Im in the same situation, made 75k at my last gig, lucky if I get 55k. I've actually had recruiters tell me I will never get a job for that much.

I got laid off; doesnt mean my skill set changed or my value decreased.
  • Options
    Well the interview went well. He said I answered the questions almost better than anyone else. He asked me how much I would like for salary and I said 42 to 43k. He didn't think it was "over the top". Now I get to meet with the president next week and she'll be making the final decision. There will be only 3-5 meeting with her so it's getting down to a few.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Well the interview went well. He said I answered the questions almost better than anyone else. He asked me how much I would like for salary and I said 42 to 43k. He didn't think it was "over the top". Now I get to meet with the president next week and she'll be making the final decision. There will be only 3-5 meeting with her so it's getting down to a few.

Sounds like you got this one in the bag!

Got my fingers crossed... :)
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860

is it normal to give a small range like that? I've never had to ask for a salary before... I assumed you would give a 5k to 10k range
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    I don't know... I alway tell them what I want but I'm willing to accept a lower amount. If I tell an employer that I would like 15 to 21/hour, most of the time they are going to give you the 15. Don't sell your self short.