Options

Start New Job Nov.1

thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
So gave my two week notice yesterday. My present Director told me thank you for good job here and said good luck. He was nice about it. So alot has gone on in the last three weeks. Wife and I split apart and she is living with her mother, my mom got very sick but she is home now, I got my job offer and accepted. I am in the process of moving out of my apartment to stay with best friend for a few months until find a new apartment. Wife and I are on talking terms but who knows with that. I am just excited to be starting my new job. I do miss my children and got to spend time with them this past weekend.
CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.

Comments

• Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    Sorry you're going through this time of trial but glad to hear you're starting a new job. As for your wife, women need to feel that nothing else in the world is more important to you than them so direct all your efforts to helping her feel that way. :) Best advice I ever got.
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    thenjduke wrote: »
    So gave my two week notice yesterday. My present Director told me thank you for good job here and said good luck. He was nice about it. So alot has gone on in the last three weeks. Wife and I split apart and she is living with her mother, my mom got very sick but she is home now, I got my job offer and accepted. I am in the process of moving out of my apartment to stay with best friend for a few months until find a new apartment. Wife and I are on talking terms but who knows with that. I am just excited to be starting my new job. I do miss my children and got to spend time with them this past weekend.

Sorry about the family troubles. I hope everything works out there. All I can say is somethings are way more important than jobs and certifications. Make sure she knows that.

^^^^What he said
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    my broad and I had almost 3 years in and then we split up for six months.... but we've been back on for about 4 months now and we're more solid than we were before... keep your head up
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I will but she has to come around. I might just have to move on if she does not come around. She is starting to talk to me again. I understand that I have to put all my effort into my family but my kids are what is important to me. She is too but she needs to learn how hard I have it just when I was supporting them by single income. There is alot that went on in the relationship. She is 9 years younger then me. Who knows maybe she will come around but she needs to understand that I gave her time but she took it for granted.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow, that is a huge gap to me. I hope everything works out. This is what we call "Life". Its full of hills and valleys that make us the individual we are today. Remember that transformation is a part of life, and going through a process such as this should yield a great reward in the end when you get through it. For every adversity there is an equal or greater opportunity. Good luck in all of your endeavors!
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm sorry to hear you are going through such a difficult time. It seems like you are handling it pretty well though. Best of luck with your new job and life in general.