Options

Where to get Cisco Specs

cjthedj45cjthedj45 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi,

I posted the other day as I'm in the process of buying some kit for my CCNA security lab. I'm after a router that supports SDM, VPN, IPS, and Zone based firewalls. I just want to make sure I order the right kit. I believe that you need to have certain amont of memory to support Zone based firewalls and I'm not sure whether IPS is a module and you need to buy this additonally or if it comes with it. Can anyone direct me to where I can get the specifications so I can make sure I buy the right kit. I have looked on Cisco's website but I can't find a simple breakdown their is just to much info.

This router appears to do the job it has 128mb of memory but you can buy the same models with less memory for cheaper.

CISCO 2610XM Router 2600XM CCNA LAB 128D/32F 12.4T on eBay (end time 05-Nov-10 10:17:35 GMT)

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Have a look at the Cisco Feature Navigator. You'll need to specify what platform you want to use and what IOS version, but you'll get a good idea of what features are supported by what router, and how much RAM/flash memory is needed.

As for the router on that page, I'd say giving them a call and asking for a show version output might not be a bad idea.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Slowhand wrote: »
    Have a look at the Cisco Feature Navigator. You'll need to specify what platform you want to use and what IOS version, but you'll get a good idea of what features are supported by what router, and how much RAM/flash memory is needed.

As for the router on that page, I'd say giving them a call and asking for a show version output might not be a bad idea.

Hey. Thanks for sharing this awesome link! I have been looking for something similar to that.