Options

BREAKING NEWS: Microsoft Announces Simulation Questions

jacev1jacev1 Member Posts: 107
"Performance-based questions, which test candidates' hands-on skills, will slowly be substituted for some of the questions on exams already available, first with exams 70-290, Managing and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Environment, and 70-291, Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure."

- Microsoft Learning Group

http://certcities.com/editorial/news/story.asp?EditorialsID=786
Wars not make one great. Coffee makes one Great!
- Master Yoda

Comments

• Options
    confuzzconfuzz Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    lol, that would be those questions like the one about permissions I had and you'd have to click and drag a box for the right permissions to another window and drop them into another box? or the one about disabling something and you had to click on the stuff to do it and certain buttons on tabs? I love those questions.... more real-world related....
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I think it's great idea. Anything to make it harder for cheaters, the better. Now you really have to know sh*t!!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    "..real world.."
    "..harder for cheaters.."
    "..Now you really have to know.."

All these were my first thoughts too.

Wonder what effect this will have on available study materials.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    confuzz wrote:
    lol, that would be those questions like the one about permissions I had and you'd have to click and drag a box for the right permissions to another window and drop them into another box? or the one about disabling something and you had to click on the stuff to do it and certain buttons on tabs? I love those questions.... more real-world related....
    No I don't think they are refering to those type of question, they've been introduced a long time ago. It seems these new questions are closer to configuring an actual system, a simulator, not just enabling a settings on a dialog box they already opened for you (which technically speaking was still a multiple choise question, just with a windows element as a background ;)).

Anyway, I think it's another step in the right direction (= a lab exam).
    Wonder what effect this will have on available study materials.
    More screenshots ;) I guess I'll have to create more CBTs too.
  • Options
    confuzzconfuzz Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    lol, if they had exams more like the labs, I'd assume there'd be more people getting perfect scores and I'd be passing them....
  • Options
    gaiter83gaiter83 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dunno how it will be with Microsoft, but I took the newer CCNA with Router Sims like 2 years ago when it first came out... You really had to know the Cisco IOS commands for the Simulation questions, however if you knew them, these questions were the easiest of the exam; besides the no-brainers like loopback IP being 127.0.0.1... lol
    B.Sc. - Computer Science/Math
    A+, CCNA

Plans of getting MCSE and CCSP