Options

I have a new job!

gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
After 10 months hard work looking, applying, interviewing, getting turned down...

I've accepted a role with Logica, who most of you will know are a major IT Outsourcing/Business Process/Management Consulting business.

Can't wait to start my new role - which will take me away a little from Cisco, but instead will be concentrating on Servers.

However, the dream from day one was to get into an IT company, and finally, after 6 years since I left university - I've made it happen :)

New office is 5 miles away instead of 32 - so i'm saving £180-£200 a month just on fuel alone. (Not to mention there is a salary jump in it for me too..)

Ecstatic? You bet.

Comments

• Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    Nice one buddy icon_smile.gif when you starting?

I've heard good things for Logica, mate of mine went to them way back when I just started in IT.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Dave.

well done.

Will this effect your R&S studies as your moving away from cisco/networking?
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    SubnettingGoddessSubnettingGoddess Member Posts: 108
    YAY!!! I am so happy for you. icon_cheers.gif
    OK, I confess, I do have one certification. I am an ACIA - Arcsight Certified Integrator/Administrator. But it's awarded for attending the class. Woot. And while it's a fine skill to have, my interests lay elsewhere.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratz! I wish you the best!
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats man, well done!
    Are you gonna continue the Cisco studies even though you'll be less involved with Cisco?
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Mojo_666Mojo_666 Member Posts: 438
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Well they asked me in the interview would I be comfortable going away from R&S and Cisco in general (although there is a fair amount of networking in the role - probably more than I do now really). I had to say that I can leave it - and I think that is what i'm going to do for now.

With Logica they say they will put me on courses, and so I don't really feel the need for self study anymore.

Ultimately, the certs were to help me get into an IT company... and finally I have achieved it. They could probably see that I am *exceedingly* training happy - so any courses they'll put me on they should be able to see the return on that...

Not to say that I'm going to abandon CCIE/self study forever, but for now I think I am going to take a well deserved break. I came out of university in 2004 and didnt stop taking the exams since... My last was July 2010.

With my wedding coming up in just over a month(!) and me and my soon to be wife have decided to move house.... I think I'm going to take a nice long break from self study and settle into my job... new wife... new house (provided we sell soon)... new life basically! :D
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    gorebrush wrote: »
    Well they asked me in the interview would I be comfortable going away from R&S and Cisco in general (although there is a fair amount of networking in the role - probably more than I do now really). I had to say that I can leave it - and I think that is what i'm going to do for now.

With Logica they say they will put me on courses, and so I don't really feel the need for self study anymore.

Ultimately, the certs were to help me get into an IT company... and finally I have achieved it. They could probably see that I am *exceedingly* training happy - so any courses they'll put me on they should be able to see the return on that...

Not to say that I'm going to abandon CCIE/self study forever, but for now I think I am going to take a well deserved break. I came out of university in 2004 and didnt stop taking the exams since... My last was July 2010.

With my wedding coming up in just over a month(!) and me and my soon to be wife have decided to move house.... I think I'm going to take a nice long break from self study and settle into my job... new wife... new house (provided we sell soon)... new life basically! :D

Congratz! Sounds like a well deserved break... icon_thumright.gif