Options

IS Old Kit worth Money??

DoubleDDoubleD Member Posts: 273 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just wondered if old comeputer stuff is worth money as in like an antique

for example I have an old ZX Spectrum around some where made in 1982 would that be worth some thing and I also have an old motherboard like a 386 with 4 Simm memory slots on and ISA card slots only about 20 years old.
Just wondered if theres a market for stuff like that like a back in the day sort of thing?
is it worth holdiing on to this stuff or is it just junk

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    DoubleD wrote: »
    Just wondered if old comeputer stuff is worth money as in like an antique

for example I have an old ZX Spectrum around some where made in 1982 would that be worth some thing and I also have an old motherboard like a 386 with 4 Simm memory slots on and ISA card slots only about 20 years old.
    Just wondered if theres a market for stuff like that like a back in the day sort of thing?
    is it worth holdiing on to this stuff or is it just junk
    Your junk is worth *some* money but don't expect to actually get paid more than single digits for it if you can find somebody who wants to buy it. The fact that thousands and thousands were made and that there are still many units that exist and are in reasonable condition tends to mean that they're not worth much if anything :P

You may luck out and find somebody who needs some part from that specific motherboard which is difficult to find elsewhere but I wouldn't bet on it.

TL;DR: No. Your junk isn't going to make you rich.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I have browsed Ebay looking for old stuff that I remembered from my childhood that I would not mind having again to add to my collection of junk. I think toys are the best selling items because of this. I know I have purchased a couple of old Star Wars toys because I remember them rather well when I was growing up.

As far as collectible computer stuff, I know some of the more rare Apple computer stuff sells well since there are some fans out there.