Strange beings from the 66 block

phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
Thoughts?

1. Connect butt set to post on 66 block and dial out to my cell phone. The number that comes up belongs to a completely different company.

2. Call that number and it does not ring on my butt set, goes to an answering machine.

3. While still connected to same post with butt set, call 800-444-4444 to id the line and it comes up with a completely different number than the first one and that number belongs to a completely different company. If I call it, it rings to the butt set. Weird.

whiskey tango foxtrot... confused.png

Comments

• ComputadoraComputadora Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    lima oscar lima
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I guess Im the only one that works with telephony?
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Are you setting caller ID on your outbound calls with your phone system? Is the provider changing your caller ID? Probably not going to get much info from a wiring block.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    PBX extension or PSTN?

What kind of phone switch is it?
    Are you setting caller ID on your outbound calls with your phone system? Is the provider changing your caller ID? Probably not going to get much info from a wiring block.

Only on our voip system, the block post that Im having a problem with is a pots line.
    hypnotoad wrote: »
    PBX extension or PSTN?

What kind of phone switch is it?

PSTN. Telco provider is Telepacific, I told them what was happening so they are looking into it. We've been in that same building for 6 years so unless both of those companies were previous tenants then someone at telco screwed up.