Cisco Type Question

KMAN24KMAN24 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
Which Three Charcteristics apply to a switch : Choose 3

A. Uses a Table of Mac Addresses to determine the port to which the data is sent.
B. Connects Lan Segments
C. reduces the number of collision domains
D. reduces network traffic
E. Increases the number of collision domains
F. filters data before forwarding it to its destination on the network

The book says the answers are: A, B, D

I think E would be a better answer than D, since E helps to reduce network traffic by limiting congestion.
What do yall think ?

Comments

• viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think the book has a TYPO

The answers I would choose would be A, B, E.
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • KMAN24KMAN24 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was kind of hoping that was the case !
  • squawk1500squawk1500 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi everyone,
    I have the ccna self-study preparation library from ciscopress ISBN 1-58705-184-2. I found a crazy question in the ICND book and this is how it goes...

True or False: A Catalyst 2950 cannot act as a VMPS server and it cannot have ports with dynamically assigned VLANS.

Answer: False. The 2950 cannot act as a VMPS server, but it can have ports with dynamically assigned VLANS.

Ok I agree with the answer but not the question. Some of the questions in this book set seem kind of unclear to me unlike Todd Lammle CCNA Deluxe Edition where every question makes sense. Could some one please tell me that there isn't questions in the 640-801 exam like the one I posted above. The last thing I want to do is try to pass the exam using the enie minie minie mo method. Also tell me what you think of this question I want to make sure I'm not seeing things. If you have the book its Chapter 3 Section 1 Quiz question 2. thanks
  • rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    D is also correct; since every port in a switch act like a point to point connection and it has the MAC table - so reduces the network traffic ( broadcast )...
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.